Hi Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JTyre, Jul 1, 2006.

1. JTyre

JTyre New Member

It's Jackie. I started reading the book. Already got the guai in the mail. Starting it Wed. We'll keep reading. I get the part about sals. Stopped using some products and will buy ones from the list to replace others.

Only on page 40 but have to know if no one needs to remain on guai, how do you keep the fibro from coming back??? If you follow the protocal and reverese it how does it not return??
    Jackie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As you know from reading the book, it can take a bit to find just the right dose. Most people will cycle at 300 mgs. twice a day but some need more and some need to decrease that amount. Once one finds the right dose, one can stay at that dose or eventually increase it to speed things up. With each increase, there are usually some painful Guai flares.

When one is reversed, as I consider myself to be, one has to find the right maintenance dose. If someone has stayed at the 600 mgs. per day, she may be able to just stay at that dose for maintaining reversal. The Guai is for life or until there is a cure.

I take 400 mgs. twice a day as my maintenance dose and that seems to be just right. We are all different, so my dose may not fit you. The rule of thumb is that it takes 2-3 months on the Guai for every year one has been sick. Thing is that most of us have been sick a lot longer than we realize, so figure that into the equation.

I can look clear back into childhood and see early symptoms. I got really sick in 1990 following a mycoplasma infection. It wasn't until about six years ago that the FMS pain and fatigue kicked in so bad that I could no longer work. It has taken the Guai five years to get me where I am now. I figured I needed to speed up the process so I kept increasing the dose. At one time, I was taking 2400 mgs. a day and there was so much debris in my urine that it actually built up in the bottom of the bowl of my slow flushing toilet. I had to take a stiff brush and break it up.

I also have the CFIDS which is the worse of the two for me. Still, if the Guai hadn't allowed me to control the FMS, I would not be able to concentrate on improving the CFIDS.

Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress. Eliminating the sals and finding just the right dose are the two most critical things. The diet is important if one is hypoglycemic, and many of us are but don't realize it.

Love, Mikie
  3. JTyre

JTyre New Member

So glad to hear from you about the reversal question. I kept asking myself how do you keep it from coming back if you stop the guai. You answer makes perfect sense.

I bought 2 bottles of 400 mg FA. I know they recommend that you start at 300 twice a day. Should I cut one in half. Then I will be taking 200 and then 400 to equal 600 a day. Or to make it easier can I just start at 400 twice a day? I think my case is severe. How far apart should I take them?

Having the message boards and new email friends is going to be a big support for me. My husband is a rock. He never complains and helps a great deal. Having new friends that know how I feel is comforting. I really apperciate you getting back to me.
    Thanks again,
    Jackie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is some controversy about which Guai works best, especially in the beginning. Some believe it's important to have the Guai in the bloodstream all the time instead of the peaks and valleys from the FA Guai. They prefer taking the LA Guai. That way, it's released all day long.

Back when I started, about all that was easily available was the LA Guai. I took 300 mgs. twice a day. I now use the FA Guai twice a day.

If it were me, I would cut the 400 mg. tablets in half and take half a tablet three times a day. That way, you will still get 600 mgs. a day and it will be fairly well spaced out. If that produces too harsh a Guai flare, you can decrease it to twice a day. If after a week, there is no Guai flare, you will need to increase it. The trick is to find just the right dose and this can be tricky and requires some patience. Once you find the right dose, though, all you have to do is sit back and let the Guai do its thing.

Love, Mikie
  5. JTyre

JTyre New Member

Still not 100% w/ message boards. I thought you did not answer my question about how much a day, so I posted it attention guai ladies. Then I found this where you did answer the question. Sorry for the confusion. Still learning.
    Jackie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It does take a bit to get the hang of the boards. You are doing fine.

Love, Mikie