Hi Mikie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunflowergirl, May 23, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I used to come to this board years ago when Acesnanna and Shirl and you were moderators. Such a BUSY board at that time and the fun conversations we all had. It was a place to learn and to get some laughs too.

I remember the photos of your new little grandson....he must be about 5 or 6 now? How have you been? I always loved the way you described your apartment and what you were doing. I miss that old board and lots of the people. Some newer boards came and went, but I think FaceBook has done a # on these boards. But I made some strong, good friendships from people I met on this board and I'm grateful for that.

My best to you and your family.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's sooooo good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Yes, Andy is six now and quite a kid, even if I do say so myself. I'm not able to do what I used to here in the condo but all practical purposes, it's done. I'm no longer in contact with Shirl and Laurie. Shirl was pretty sick; I hope she's doing better.

I hope you will continue to post here. We have been getting some of our old members back. This is still a great place. How old are your grandkids now? Are your sons married? Time is just rushing by.

Sending hugs, love and prayers your way.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2012]
  3. sunflowergirl

I still remember your little guy's curly hair. What a cutie!

My daughter is almost 39....her children are Shelby 4 and Hunter 9. My youngest son has been married 3 years and I don't expect my oldest son, age 40 to ever get married. He seems to pick the wrong women who give him too many problems.....that trickle down to me. I think Laurel was in contact with Shirl but even she said they've lost contact.

I think I first started coming here about l5 years ago, since my daughter has been married l3. Yes. Time has a way of rushing along.

Do you still love watching HGTV? I've been watching it again the last couple of weeks and thinking about what needs to be done around the house to increase the value while I enjoy it.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Seems that it has become more of a reality show network with all their "Property Virgins" and "House Hunter" shows. Not as much how to as it used to be. My place is about as done as it's gonna get now. Just a bit of tweaking now and then.

Laurie and I kept in touch for a while but we've just kinda stopped e-mailing.

My health is up and down but since starting the peptide injections, I've had more energy and spend more time with friends here in the hood. Still, I have low energy times, like now. Condo is a mess and I don't feel up to cleaning right now. Oh well, it'll keep. This is gonna be a rest, read and watch TV day.

Just figuring in my head, I kinda figured that would be the age of your grandchildren. Can't remember--do you live close to them? I only usually see Andy a couple of times a year. Still, he really likes getting to see all his family.

Take care.

Love, Mikie
  5. sunflowergirl

It's only l3 miles but have to take the streets and I counted once.....39 lights. I try to time them right and sometimes can cut off l0 min. but then there are those awful times when I get stuck at every light. His other grandparents live only l0 min. away so they can just pop in and out. Me.......I have to determine how much energy I have and how I feel and then can I spend a couple hours there. You know our thinking. Sometimes I see them once a week but I have gone almost a month when one or the other of us are sick. I DON'T want to be around anyone sick and you know how it is with kids.

I'm sorry you're not closer to little Andy. I know how much you love him.

Last week I was doing some sewing projects so turned on HGTV. There was a marathon of some pretty English lady working on fixing up peoples homes to sell. I don't know the name but it was REALLY good. I'm with you....sick of property virgins and house hunters. I want to see the talented decorators redoing a room.

I have to be really down and out for me not to push myself to be doing. That's a big fault of mine....I push and push because I want to feel normal until I drop. When the bad fatigue comes on I usually sit and do something or read. I've got some closets lined up today to clean out. There are boxes and bags I don't even know whats in it so it's all going to Goodwill....obviously I don't need it.

Take care and I wish you healing.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are big bags in my dining area. Some are donations and some are to be shreadded, a service our Goodwill offers. I cleaned out my closet a while ago and it is a thing of beauty now, not to mention all organized. It was a big operation though.

For the second day in a row, I feel exhausted and a bit sick so, yes, I do understand. I don't want to be around anyone who is sick and I don't want to be around people when I'm sick. I'm glad you are close enough to the grandkids to see them more often.

I also understand rationing our energy. I will rest up before some activity I have scheduled. Or, I will cancel if I can't do something. My friends finally get it so no one is upset if I have to cancel or wait til the last minute to confirm.

Talk to ya later. Have a great day.

Love, Mikie