hi Need some help please

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by alivenotdead, Apr 1, 2009.

  1. alivenotdead

    alivenotdead New Member

    I was just diagosed with Fibromyagia...I am 30 years old and also have mild Ceberal Palsy.
    I was a cashier for 12 years and was recently dammotted(can't spell...lol) to bagger(because i cannot think clearly)I am notvery good at thinking because of my CP and now this Fibr....I am totally dependent on my self(no friends or much family)my brother was recently murdered and I have this urgency to figure out my life.
    I cannot do my job anymore and am at a loss for what to do.
    I have been told to apply for S/S ,but cannot do some working full time and I cannot cut my hours down as my pay was cut twice and I am struggling.
    Any help or ideas anyone can give will be greatly appreciated..
    Take Care and God Bless,
  2. TwoCatDoctors

    TwoCatDoctors New Member

    Please call your City's main phone line and ask for the Community Resources Section. When you reach that someone in that section, ask for an appointment to meet with a caseworker about potential services and help for you. At the appointment you should explain your entire situation, ask if a caseworker could be assigned to you as you need help. Explain that you cannot cannot do your job anymore, and that you you will need help to apply for Social Security Disability. Don't hold back and explain everything and that you have no one to turn to for help and your brother was recently murdered. See how that works out. Good luck and hugs.
  3. alivenotdead

    alivenotdead New Member

    God Bless You for your help....,but what's my main city's phone line?..sorry I used to be blond.
    Thank you so much:)
  4. rockgor

    rockgor Well-Known Member

    Welcome to the board.

    2Cat is right. You need to start a notebook titled "Resources". Call government offices, and keep calling
    until you get the help you are entitled to. Keep track of whom you talk to and when.

    I know; you'll be on hold a long time. Knit or watch
    tv or something. It will take a lot of effort on your part to get the assistance you need and deserve.
    Maybe a caseworker or govt. aide can help you.

    Call state, county and city offices: Dept. of Welfare, Social Security, Mental Health, etc.

    You need an attorney to help you with your Social Security Application. The attorney will get paid
    from the money you are awarded. You will not have to put up money for fees yourself. Your chances
    of getting approved are Greatly Improved with an atty.

    Seems a shame when you have one bad medical condition to get hit with another. There outta be some
    kinda limit.

    If you want to socailize, you can visit the chit chat board. Folks there talk about TV, books, kids
    recipes, pets, etc.

    Good luck

  5. alivenotdead

    alivenotdead New Member

    Thank you for your help.
    I've been told with a full time job ,you can't even apply for S/S.....idk...I am a very spirtual person and am trying to stay strong...*bangs head on desk...lol)
    Thanks for the info..and I'll pop back on tommorow I am tired and have to work tommorow.
    Take care of yourselves and those around you.

[ advertisement ]