hi need to ask a ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joyof3, Nov 19, 2002.

1. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

Do any of you suffer from osteoarthritis in the hands. my ANA test was normal, there is something very wrong with my hands. I would like to hear some of your symtoms. thank you so much you are all such good people.

stephanie
  2. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

Do any of you suffer from osteoarthritis in the hands. my ANA test was normal, there is something very wrong with my hands. I would like to hear some of your symtoms. thank you so much you are all such good people.

stephanie
  3. paula45

paula45 New Member

Just wanted to let you know that a few weeks ago, I had a weird fibro flare and it seemed like all the pain I had went to my hands and feet. I could barely walk, and as for my hands, it was extremely painful to lift a cup of coffee or open a pack of sweet n low. It was really awful 'cause my hands were SO painful and basically useless for several weeks. But then it passed and now my pain is back in my neck and back. Maybe that's what going on with you. Hope you're better soon.
    Paula
  4. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi Stephanie
    When I first saw my rheumy and was diagnosed with FM/CFS she looked at my hands and said I had the beginning of osteoarthritis in them. Since then my hands have just got progressively worse with pain and I can see bumps on the joints.They hurt when I make a fist,just below the nail and at the middle joint, not so much at the knuckle.My fingers do turn in alot,too. Last night I got this terrific pain on thetop of my hand just below the second finger halfway tothe wrist! It still hurts to the touch today. Sopmetimes my hands hurt so bad I can't even write! The pain at night will even wake me up.I also have osteoarthritis in my neck, at least that is what a chiropractor once told me.
    What ia an ANA?
    Debbie[This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  5. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

I don't have OA, but most of my pain is in my hands and wrists. At first they thought I had Rum. Arthritis, but all the tests came back neg. My hands are what got my diagnosis of FS. I have days I can't hold a pencil or the steering wheel on my car. I don't know if this is helpful, but I hope it does a little.
    Lisa
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

yes, I have osteo in my hands. I have a nodule in my right thumb joint that gets very painful. I use a homeopathic topical gel that helps a lot, called Triflora Arthritis Gel, made by Boericke and Tafel. I haven't had much success with oral homeopathics, but this gel seems to help decrease the pain for a little while. Hope that helps!

Peace,
    Beth.
  7. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

My doctor said its a blood test for arthritis. thats all i know. my doctor is a nice women, but has not done the proper test to DX me with FMS IMO. NO tender point test nothing just sum blood work, also has not sent me to any speciaist. I feel i havent been DX properly. sorry just had to get that out thanks so much for your replies.
    I truly know i am not alone. My hands are the worst part of this DD Thanks again.

stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Stephanie, my hands hurt so bad sometimes, I just drop things. I also have arthritis in them. I get the joints swollen and pinkish.

Also get shooting pains from the wrist through the top of my hands too. I know what is the arthritis pain, so the other must be the Fibro.

For the arthritis, I take Glucosamine & Chondroitin when it flares up, then I will quit when it subsides.

Hope you get some help soon. This pain is awful.

Shalom, Shirl