Hi, new and needing advice!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mari101, Nov 8, 2002.

1. mari101

mari101 New Member

I was dx with CFS around 10 months ago. No one ever seemed to do anything about it and I don't know WHAT to do about it. I was dx with fibromyalgia just a few weeks ago. I've started getting B-12 shots in hopes that they will help the fatigue. I'm also on Effexor (225 mg a day) and Xanax (.25 mg 3x a day). That's helping some with the depression/anixety. I'm not on anything for pain...yet.

Now...to my biggest problem. FATIGUE!!!! I'm sooooo tired!! I have to take sleeping pills at night so that I can sleep good. I have problems getting to sleep (no matter how tired I am) and then it's broken. So some nights I take a Xanax at night, and some nights I take a Trazadone. But then in the mornings I feel so drugged, so I didn't take anything last night. And guess what? I still woke up feeling drugged. I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open I'm so tired. It's a sick feeling. And the biggest problem is I'm a stay at home mom. I have three kids, ages 8, 6 and 19 months. The 8 and 6 year old go off to school, but my 19 month old is here with me, and let me tell you, he's 4 handfulls! I'm just very frustrated with feeling this darn tired, and I'm needing any advice on how to deal with it or any meds that will help.

Any other advice on how to deal with this dd would be great. TIA

Mari
  2. mari101

mari101 New Member

I was dx with CFS around 10 months ago. No one ever seemed to do anything about it and I don't know WHAT to do about it. I was dx with fibromyalgia just a few weeks ago. I've started getting B-12 shots in hopes that they will help the fatigue. I'm also on Effexor (225 mg a day) and Xanax (.25 mg 3x a day). That's helping some with the depression/anixety. I'm not on anything for pain...yet.

Now...to my biggest problem. FATIGUE!!!! I'm sooooo tired!! I have to take sleeping pills at night so that I can sleep good. I have problems getting to sleep (no matter how tired I am) and then it's broken. So some nights I take a Xanax at night, and some nights I take a Trazadone. But then in the mornings I feel so drugged, so I didn't take anything last night. And guess what? I still woke up feeling drugged. I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open I'm so tired. It's a sick feeling. And the biggest problem is I'm a stay at home mom. I have three kids, ages 8, 6 and 19 months. The 8 and 6 year old go off to school, but my 19 month old is here with me, and let me tell you, he's 4 handfulls! I'm just very frustrated with feeling this darn tired, and I'm needing any advice on how to deal with it or any meds that will help.

Any other advice on how to deal with this dd would be great. TIA

Mari
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I have FM and was so tired I could hardly get dressed in morning.My Dr. gave me Provigil for energy.Some say not to take it,but was the only think that helped me.
    Good-luck and I'm sure many will follow with help.This is the one place where you will find a lot of help and understanding people.
  4. mari101

mari101 New Member

So much for replying. I'll have to ask my doc about that.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Mari, welcome to our world, its a tough fight you are battling, both FM/CFS. We have many members here who have both.

As for the fatigue, I truly don't know, others may have some answers for you from their own experience.

As for sleep, well I found what works for me, I take a 0.25 milligram of Xanax at 6pm, then 2 capsules of ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6) at 10pm and a 3 milligram of Melatonin right before bed.

This is the only combination that will let me get 7-8 hours of deep restful sleep. I have been taking this since Feburary this year, and its the first time in my adult life that I really sleep.
    It is the ZMA that is the supplement that helps with the deep sleep for me, the Xanax calms my 'racing' brain down, and the Melatonin helps me fall asleep.

I tried all kinds of sleeping pills, but after awhile they did not work anymore for me, others will share what they take for you.

I have Fibro, but not CFS, I do get fatigue sometimes, but not as long or as bad as those with CFS.

I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), it does help with the fatigue, but not a cure!

I don't take pain pills(the only prescription drug I take is Xanax, I take supplements), they don't agree with me, but the magnesium is a great help with pain. Most of us that have FM/CFS have a deficiency in Magnesium.

Again, welcome to the board, and I hope we hear from you often. We have a lot of wonderful people here, and they are very knowledgeable, supportive, and friendly.

Shalom, Shirl

6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I also fight the fatigue constantly. I feel permanently tired, even when I sleep 11 hours at night and take a nap during the afternoon. I've tried stimulants and my doc has written a rx for Provigil, but my insurance company hasn't approved it, yet. Now my doc is sending them an article on how Provigil has been shown to improve fatigue in people with CFS. They only approve it for narcolepsy.

I have found that keeping a regular schedule and resting every day is helpful. I have been taking selfhelp classes on the internet that I have found to be quite helpful. We can't post websites here, but if you wanted to find it you could look for cfidsselfhelp on the internet, and remember it's an org(anization).

Good luck to you.

Barbara