hi new here and am sure I have it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhope, Jul 3, 2003.

1. dhope

dhope New Member

Hello everyone,

I just found this site out a couple of days ago and been looking around. I am so glad I did. I have not been told I have this but it seems I do because of test my doctor has done to rule out other things. I am so scared, I hate feeling like this sore when you go to bed waking up the same way, not beening able to sleep good at all. I am 42 now and not even sure when it started I know it’s been a couple of years, just seems to get worse. The flu like symptoms I have and the irregular heart beat, have to say I had that since high school though. I do take something for that but hate taking prescription med. I am a vegetarian, and if possible like to take vitamins or herbs. Have any had any luck with certain herbs or vitamins? I was never one to exercise before and now I think I am paying the price for that. I live in pa where there not much around, I saw there are support groups it will take some traveling but going to look into it. I just wonder if there will be a day I will feel good been so long not sure how it feels just makes me want to cry and cry. I have a great son who is 15 and want to do more with him. Well what a way to introduce myself lol. I hope I can see a future with better to come. Reading how others progress and feel better I hope and wish everyone well.

Debbie
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Welcome...glad you found this board. There's a lot of information here.

I understand about you wanting to do more with your son. I have a 4 & 5 year old. It's sad when they ask has your meds kicked in yet? Can you play now?

I do take pain meds. Before this DD I hardly ever took any kinds of meds. There are others on here with a great deal of information about supplements.

Here's a reply I got from Shirl back in March on the board here......... http://immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=177297&B=FM#177297
    If this get's deleted do a search here: What's the best diet for FM

Mikie I know your haveing a problem with people posting URL's. I don't know if I can post a link with in this site. Could you let me know if this is ok? I wouldn't want to make more work for you.

Tammy

3. lailal

lailal New Member

Hello to all,
    Debbie, I can relate so well to your post. I too am new here...somehow thru luck I came across the site. I am so glad I did! I am going thru a really difficult relapse of fatigue, exhasution and of course that oh so common depression. I have lived with this disease for many years, too many! I wish I could be pain free, rested and clear headed for just one day. Presently I am on the East Coast for the summer with my 4 year old little girl. We live in Hawaii. I have been here over a month and have not had one good day since I've been here. The long trip just about did me in and have been in a down spiral ever since. My doctor in Hawaii has had me on 10 Mg. of Lexapro for the past 3 months. I was really hopeful that this was working for me, with the exception of very bad insomnia. Clearly it has not worked during this relapse. The doctor here has put me on 12. 5 Mg. Of Paxil CR. It is way too soon to tell if and how this will work.
    I do appreciate this site and being able to share and read of your experiences. I guess we are all always open to suggestions and words of encouragement.
    Best to you all,
    Leila
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

At least, that's what my counselor says. She even says it's okay to feel sorry for myself every once in awhile. Something I have a hard time with, since in recovery self-pity is baaad. I guess it is different, but I still have a hard time thinking it's okay.

At first, I'd get depressed/sad/teary every time I realized a new loss. Haven't done that for a year, or maybe because the last one seemed so ridiculous (I was sad 'cause I couldn't go BOWLing. When you consider that I've bowled maybe 5 times in the last 25 years, you have to agree that's kinda ridiculous.... Or maybe not.)

I still don't like to cry, but I do it when the need arises. Better than bottling it up inside.
  5. dhope

dhope New Member

Hi to all that wrote, thank you for taking the time to respond and relate. I just not sure where to start when I don't want to go on medication, I think a better diet and taking vitamins everyday being vegetarian I don't eat fish or eggs either so I am hoping certain vitamins will help and some exercise to. I am going to the doc next week to talk to her about some things to. I hope for all to get better or at least have some good days, I guess having this it is hard to know there could be good days ahead I just praying there is. Well if I hear or anything that might help I will post and see if anybody had luck with it to, and if something’s works (I hope) I let everyone know.

Thanks
    Debbie