Hi, new here (m)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~JulieB, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ~JulieB

~JulieB New Member

I have not been formally diagnosed with FM but I truly feel that I have it. I have an auto-immune disease called Takayasu's Arteritis. Don't worry if you have never heard of it, it's rare. It causes your arteries to inflame then close. I will tell you my story another day, if anyone wants to hear it.

I have symptoms of FM but my chief complaint is my upper middle back on my right side. It almost feels like it's between my ribs. Does that make since? I can't take a deep breath, for if I do, it takes my breath away. Or when I'm bending over, like to take laundry out of the dryer, it too takes my breath away. I had this for the first time a few months ago. It lasted for approximately two months and I went to my doctor (my rheumo) because I thought I was having a TA (Takayasu's Arteritis) flare. I told him my fear that I thought I may have FM as well but he dismissed my feelings and said, YOU DO NOT HAVE FM, YOU DO NOT WANT FM. The pain is hard to describe to people. It's like nothing I have felt before.

Then I went to my neurologist (long story as to why I have a neurologist) and complained of the same thing. He felt I may be having a flare of my disease and gave me Predisone z-pack. I am currently on 5mg of predisone and have been for over a year, I have been on as high as 60mg. With in two days of taking the extra prednisone, the pain was gone. I didn't really think about it much until a few days ago. The pain is back, right in the same place.

My question is this. What are the major symptoms of FM, does FM go hand in hand with other auto immune diseases and do any of you have this type of pain in your back? If so, what do you do to relieve it. I don't want an added condition, I just want the pain to go away. I feel my husband is going to think I'm a hypochondriac. Just kidding, he is very supportive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will be gone over the 4th, but will check back Monday for any replies.

Thanks,

Julie
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I get a lot of stabbing pains in my back. Recently have gone to a chiropractor; adjustments and massage. The massage really helped clear out those sharp pains. Now that my 12 "approved" visits are done, I will be seeing a massage therapist. He will refund after 2 visits if he doesn't help someone with FM!

Happy 4th!