Hi new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halle00, Mar 20, 2006.

1. halle00

halle00 New Member

Good morning

Im new here and wanted to introduce myself

My name is Halle and Im doing some reading on fibro to help me day to day.

Does anyone have any advice on diet?
    supplements ect??

I do take a 1 a day, as well as grape seed extract. I find i have good days and bad days and im looking for soemthing to help me have more good days. latley I think? feel?? my diet is playing a role in the bad days that are hitting me.

Any help would be great
    thank you so much

Halle
  2. jole

jole Member

The biggest culprit with food is sugar and anything white -flour, etc. Sugar tends to increase the pain for most of us, and if you have any problems with candida you need to watch the carbs very closely. Lots of veggies and fruits as you can tolerate.

Magnesium is good, need your calcium and zinc. Lots of good suggestions on this board, but take it very slowly as you try things, and if they don't work you will know it. Otherwise you will be wasting your money and time.

Wish you the best, and wish you didn't have to be here.

Friends - Jole
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Hey! I'm new here too and have come to the right place. You'll find lots of support here. Welcome!!!!
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

I sorta newish here too....

Just a suggestion:

Keep a diary of everything you try, with date, side effects,if any, and try to experiment with one thing at a time...

You'll get lots of suggestions here! Take it one step at a time.

And look at this site's products...they are formulated just for us, not for the world!!!

Have you joined any national FM groups for newsletters? A wealth of info, too.

Hope you do well with whatever you try; don't get discouraged, and don't overdo it! Heavy lifting, vacuuming, wet laundry, etc. Rest and pace yourself, ok? Do you like to swim? I've heard water therapy is great for FM...can't do it myself, and I have a pool, becuz my neck is too, too bad.

Best to you, and welcome again...
    see ya around

findmind
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Quick welcome I am having to get my son ready for school in a minute. But you will get l;ots of help here.

Love Anne C