HI! New on here...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marushka80, Aug 9, 2003.

1. marushka80

marushka80 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new on here as I just discovered this entire site while wandering on the net during another non-sleeping episode. Just wanted to mention that I really like the looks of this site and am looking forward to spending time on here and getting to know all of you. Wow! That sounds incredibly ambitious for someone with fibromyalgia, severe chronic insomnia, restless leg syndrome, migraines, anemia, TMJ, and other sundry complaints and ailments. I am on disability after a 3year battle to receive it after being unable to work since 1999. I currently am taking no medication, but only because I have no prescription coverage and what I am supposed to be taking amounts to well over six hundred a month! Looking forward to spending time on here.
  2. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

Glad to have you here! I cant sleep either, so here I go... I was dx'd about 3 months ago w/FM, DDD and mycoplasma pneumonaie. Fun,,,, but the awesome blessing is just having this board and support and compassion and love from all these people here. I have learned so much from this board its amazing. Well, I will try to attempt to sleep, so bye for now, God bless! Iggy
  3. JP

JP New Member

this is a great place.

I have been around for about a year now. This is a sleepless night for me too. My sleep is so much better than it was a year ago, so I can't complain. A sleepless night now and then is close to heaven in comparision.

I hope you find this site helpful.

Take care,
    Jan
  4. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Marushka80! Welcome to this site. I also have fibro and have had a terrible time sleeping again for the past 2 months, have tension headaches, etc. I'm waiting to hear about my disability claim this month. I also have no insurance and haven't worked for 2 years. Are you in the US? If so, there is a group called called Nations Health Senior Discount Prescription Plan that will give a FREE membership to anybody (unless you are on Medicaid, I think). You just call them and they only ask you that one questions (about Medicaid) and send you out a card immediately. There is absolutely no cost to you and you don't have to be a senior (I am only 47). Their phone number is 800-977-9655. I have been using them for the last couple of months and am astonished that this doesn't cost me anything. I just got a prescription for 30 Klonopin (generic) tablets and it only cost me about $6.50. Won't hurt to try them. Good luck and hope to see more of your posts herel
  5. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I just wanted to say welcome. Added to the above message, I know that many of the drug companies have programs for free/reduced meds for people who can not afford them. You might check into that, too. Ask your Dr. about it.
  6. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

You've found one of the best sources of info on the net! Just wanted to say, go to google and look up "needy meds" and you might find some very helpful resources. My Mom gets one or two of her more expensive drugs through a needy med program. Good luck to you and welcome! Hugs,
    Hayley
  7. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Hi Marushka80, I am also new and am from Ireland. I am delighted to have found thsi site and can relate to what symptoms you have. I am also suffering from insominia at present as I went off Elevail. I am sweating at present from a heatwave we are having here and also withdrawls from Elevail and h.r.t. I am using an Australian Bush Essense called Calm and Clear its supposed to help you sleep, but so far it hasn't. I am also taking the herb Valerian, but maybe they take time to work. I also have T>M>J> disorder and the Elevail really helped except I put on a lot of weight and I was very groggy the next day. I am also going crazy with Candida. I have started a new remedy called 3 Lac. You have to stay off sugar which is very hard for me. I also have severe Scoliosis,Osteoporsis and Osteoarthritis. What a crock.

Regards Mary
  8. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Welcome to our world!! Just look at all the helpful advise you've received already about your scripts you can't afford. The idea NancyW had is terrific!

Well, just wanted to say hi & welcome!

Take care.....Kathi
  9. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

Hi Marushka80! This is a great place for support and info.You really should try Nanyw"s suggestion.I finally found a good Dr.who is giving me pain meds. when I got to see him tommorrow.If you can get the Klonopin it really helps me.I just started it and slept good last night .I only woke up once and that's because my hubby talks in his sleep.LOL So welcome to the board.And I 'll pray you find help.
    Lumare
  10. marushka80

marushka80 New Member

Thanks to all of you for the information and the kind words. I plan to call the 800 # mentioned, but had to spend the last night in the emergency room with my oldest son who finally was diagnosed with kidney stones. Seems like when it rains it pours!