Hi new to the board.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tabbs32, Oct 1, 2006.

1. tabbs32

tabbs32 New Member

Hi there.. I am new to the website.. I would love to get to know as many of you as I can.. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with Fibro.. and just came out of the hospital two weeks ago with a very very bad episode.. now having headaches for the first time.. and it was really hard.. I am just turning 32 and there are times where I think how do you live like this??? BUT I am really trying to stick to a new change in life style.. with walking daily eating better... and so on and its really helping slowly... hope to hear from you all soon.. how do you deal with those really bad days???? And so hard when you are a mom>?!!!Take care!! Tabitha
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here who can share experiences, info, jokes, etc.
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Tabitha!

I knew there was a reason I decided to check the board on a whim...and it was to welcome you! I'm Erika, age 36. I'm so so sorry you were in the hospital!! Are you feeling better? This is a wonderful group of people. Everyone has different ways of coping that feel right to them, and a wonderful way of coping is to post to this group when you are feeling down. We are all here for each other. Support groups are great too if you can find one in your area.

Hope you feel stronger every day and continue to feel better. Thanks for joining our group. It's great to have you!

Warm hugs, Erika
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

Welcome Tabitha!

It won't be long before I am 32 as well. I'm a mom too, but my son is 11 and can take care of himself better than if he were younger. I'm not sure how many children you have or their ages. I can say yeah, it is very hard at times. Then you get the guilties, ect.... Just try to think to yourself, "I'm doing everything I can to be the best I can, and this is not my fault".

I have those headache spurts too, sometimes for days, one time for a few months. It's very challenging. I sure hope you have a doc that is treating you well and addressing your pain issues.

I'm not sure how to tell you to deal with the really bad days. Just come to this board. Everyone here is sooooooo nice, supportive, and give great advice. After all everyone here knows these DDs best! You can post a question to relieve maybe a symptom you have or just for general advice.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling somewhat better hun. I'm off to bed soon.

Take care and hugs
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]
  5. ll1816

ll1816 Member

hi tabitha,

welcome to our friendly board. lots of nice and informative folks you'll find here.

sorry to hear about your headaches. i have them almost daily along with neck pain. putting an ice pack on my neck while laying down seems to help quite a bit.

when you have a really bad day, it's best if you can stay in bed and rest as much as possible. do you take any pain meds?

well, welcome again and take care of yourself.

hugs,
    liz
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome!!! So sorry to hear you were hospitalized for fibro, I have never been that bad, but I feel like I should be in the hospital sometimes. How many kids do you have? I have 3, two are still pretty young, 7 and 5, and I get really, really tired. I watched my friend's two kids 10 months and 4 1/2, along with mine over the weekend. Wow!! I am telling you, I am thankful that my fibro was not this bad when they were babies. I am pooped!! That's great that you are going to stick with a program. I am encouraged by others doing this, as I have a hard time sticking with mine. But, kids first, I don't ever want them to feel the effects of this illness. Take good care of yourself, and hope to talk to you soon! Kim :)
  7. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Welcome to the board, Tabbs. I've had FMS for 20+ years and CFS/ME for 10 years. I'm so sorry you have this DD (darn disease), but you're in the right place. Anything you need, just yell!

We're all here to give and recieve help. You'll find that this is a warm place to fall, so anytime you need to ask a question, or you feel like just joining in and helping someone else, it would be appreciated.

For me, I have to just tough the bad days out at home usually in bed, as my symptoms are mainly severe CFS.
    But I'm still looking for something to make me better.

Good luck!
    ~~~Lew
  8. tabbs32

tabbs32 New Member

Hi, thanks so much for your post.. I just loved it and it really was a blessing.. The hospital trip was at a point I just could not deal with it anymore.. and I was at a point where it was like I dont care what you have to do just fix this!! And MS runs in my family so I had to have a Lumbar Puncture which was not pleasent.. and a CT scan.. and I was on a pain killer drip for 2 days.. I realized in there that I needed myself to take control of my illness!! I have been walking every night at least 30minutes.. and drinking mostly all water... I have now been off any meds for the past 3 mnths and really focusing on dealing with the pain. I has been really going awesome since then!! I have really seen a difference.. Im sleeping all night for the first time EVER!!! My faith has also kept me going!! Somedays are harder then others!! Well I hope to talk with you soon... take care!!