Hi, New to this board - have a question

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by TillyNYC, Nov 24, 2003.

1. TillyNYC

TillyNYC New Member

I had arthroscopic surgery October 3, 2003. To date, I am still in a lot of pain and have changed doctors (I may very well sue the other idiot). My new doctor is requesting another series of test and MRIs to determine what the other doctor did (if anything). Has anyone had this surgery and not had good results - need feedback.

Many thanks,

TillyNYC
  2. Michelle Z.

Michelle Z. New Member

I have not had the type of surgery you are referring to.
    Were you able to get all your medical records from the
    "idiot" doctor for your new doctor?

If not and if they were kinda of old it would be best for
    your new doctor to order his own tests as long as you
    are comfortable with that.

The new doctor with or without previous medical records
    and test results really needs to proceed in a way that
    suits his training.

You may want to try your question on the FM/CFS Board.

Welcome to the Boards and I hope you find some answers
    soon. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

All the Best!

Meesee
  3. anjie

anjie New Member

I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder. I used to have horrible pain that would come (and stay for a month or so) and go. I couldn't move my arm in certain directions because the pain was so bad (impingement syndrome).

Anyways, arthroscopic surgery is basically an exploratory surgery using a small camera. My surgeon found a small tear in my rotator cuff which he repaired. It left two very small scars about the diameter of a pencil eraser on my shoulder.

It took me quite a while to recover from the surgery. I went to physical therapy for about 6 months, and was out of work for quite a while. The physical therapy was **SO PAINFUL**, but eventually I recovered full movement in my shoulder. I haven't had the horrible pain since.

What area of the body did you have the surgery on? Keep in mind that it takes a long time to fully recover and heal.

If you just had the surgery, you should be able to request a copy of your medical records by filling out a release form. It is best to get the records in hand and take them to your new doctor. Otherwise, they may get lost in the avalanche of paperwork that gets faxed or mailed to your new doctor's office, and won't be available during your office visit.

Hope you are able to sort this out and get pain relief.
    I'm sending healing thoughts your way.
    Anjie
  4. funnygirl1960

funnygirl1960 New Member

Hello Tilly.
    I think it might help you to take a chance and copy your post and then place it in the site for Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This may not be your particular symptom, but the people at this site are many, and most have so many similar symptoms that you do say you are experiencing.
    I am so sorry that you’re in pain, know that prayers go out to you every day, weather you know it or not.
    All us suffers of pain are in this together, and one-way or another were going to get relief! I start with my prayer to all.
    Have a wonderful New Year, and good luck at the site above.

Funnygirl