Hi & Questions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cred, Oct 16, 2005.

1. cred

cred New Member

I am brand new here and have reade alot of posts. I need info? I have 'officially' CFS & FM, Nueropathy, high triglcerides,high blood sugar. ALOT of pain. osteo arthritis. What do you all take regularly?
    I am on Etodolac anti inflammatory
    Ultram pain
    flexeril muscle relax
    tricor triglyceride med.
    Tylenol PM to sleep
    I have had FM for 8+ years all the other is fairly new. Lupus has not been ruled out, yet. Along with back problems! UGH!!
    What can you all recommend? There is no CFS FM doctor any where near me, what type of dr should I see/What drugs are good and bad!
    THANK sorry this is so long!
    Connie
  2. cred

cred New Member

Thank you so very much. I want to try more natural stuff. I go to work with a hang over feeling from rx at night.! THANKS!
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Finding a doctor to treat FM/CFS and treat it as if they believe it's a real disease is a hard chore. I haven't had much luck with it, but I am now back with my former PCP (a long story...insurance!) and he is a super doc who has been through lots with me. So, I consider him to be the one who treats. The rheumy I saw was worthless.

I take a number of meds as I have clinical depression and other issues. For pain, I have been taking Vicodin, but it is now getting where it doesn't help much. Need to go see my doc.

I guess what I did was read up on things and get a clear view in my head what I needed from a doctor and just went for it. Conditions change, so it's not a one-time fix, unfortunately. Right now I am trying another med for my depression as it has gotten out of control again. Sigh.

It is really a test of perserverance as things always change and you never can count on doing something for sure because you don't know how you will feel from one day to the next. I think that's what this is for me...

Anyway, welcome. Glad you're here and post often so we all can get to know you.

Take care.
    Sue
  4. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HI,HOPE THIS HELPS. I WAS DX WITH LUPUS ALSO AND IT WAS INCORRECT.BEFORE I FOUND A DR. WHO KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I WENT INTO MAYOCLINIC.COM AND GOT A LOT OF INFO FROM THEM. BELIEVE ME THEY KNOW ABOUT IT. WELL, THEY SUGGEST AN ANTIDEPRESSANT AND TRANQUILIZER. WHICH I AM ON AND ALSO THE GRAPE SEED EXTRACT AT NIGHT. AND I AM SLEEPING ALOT DEEPER. WHICH MAYO'S SAYS IS A MUST FOR FM. I TOOK EPSTIEN BARR FROM A KID AT WORK WHO USED MY PHONE. AND THEN IT WENT INTO FM. MAYO'S SAYS IT IS INEVIDIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE EB YOU GO INTO FM AT SOME POINT IN YOUR LIFE. BUT THEY ALSO SAY IT IS INHERITED AND TO BLAME YOUR PARENTS. HA! I CAN SEE THINGS NOW FROM WHEN I WAS LITTLE THAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN ABOUT ANYTHING CALLED FM. BUT I RECOGNIZE THE THINGS BUT ON A LESSER SCALE. I WAS HURTING ALL OVER TERRIBLE, AND NOW IT IS MOSTLY MY HANDS AND NECK. I AM ON PROZAC AND ZANAX. AND THE GRAPE SEED. 50 MG. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO AND WELCOME ABOARD. HUGS VERTIE