Hi Rene, How are things?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Busyknitter2, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene; I have not been on for a day or two things have been a little nuts, and I have been feeling awful.

How is your Mom? Did they find out yet why she is doing so much screaming? I don't think you have ever said, what all is wrong with your Mom. She has sure had a hard time of it.

You have had a rough time too. Are you taking care of yourself? Are you able to get any rest?

My son's appointment went ok. The Dr. said that his knee was ok that he should not have been playing volleyball. I asked him why my son was in so much pain, and he said it might be a little bruised. My son was mowing his yard and he slipped and fell. He said that the fluid was building back up in it.

My Dad is doing as well as can be exspected physically, he is really down mentaly. He wants to back to what he was a few years ago and that is just not possible. My brother is still giving him fits. He is constantly getting money off of my Dad (He really does not have it to spare), he is always giving him some sob story.

My Dad is afraid not to, he told me tonight that he was afraid he would do something he is not suppose to. My brother has a habit of going off on little binges. A while back he disappeared for four days, he has stolen money, checks, and other things from my Dad. I do not want to upset Daddy but I did tell him tonight that he needed to cut him off,

I am sick of my Dad doing without to give to my brother. My husband and I help him out (Daddy) when we know that he is doing without. It embrasses him and makes him feel bad.

We have told him that he helped us out in the past.

Sorry this is so long I guess I needed to vent.

Again let me know how you and your Mom are doing.

God bless; Pam
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene hope things are going ok. Please let me know.

Pam
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, sorry things too aren't so good for you either. Have you thought about getting power of attorney for your Dad? I was in a similar situation too as money was being stolen from my mom.

I don't let her keep any (hundreds of dollars have been stolen) money. If you had the money then your dad could say he doesn't have any to give to your brother. Hopefully his spirts will be up as he will start therapy the 11th??

HOw is your son? Is he resting his knee?

They don't know why my mom screams. He new roommate doesn't like her so she wants her moved. I've been really tired. She is back at the nursing home and they moved her old roommate Pam too. Don't know why.

Well Keep me informed!
    Take care,
    Rene
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene; I am glad that your Mom is out of the hospital. It is a shame that they moved the roomate that liked your Mom and she liked her. I do not understand why, when both of them liked each other they had to change things.

I have thought about POA. My Dad is such a proud man, I know that he does not want to give up his finances. He did make sure that I was down as benificary on his life insurance policy. You are right if he did not have the money he could not give it to my brother.

The latest is he had to have his car towed (my brother). They supposedly said the engine was gone. The problem that caused this to happen was the one that he borrowed the money off of us to get fixed. That is what he told us he wanted the money for.

He makes $13.00 and hour, pays $145.00 a week child support. Pays no rent or any other bill, yet he neve has any money. He will get paid on Thrusday and be broke on Friday.

I told you wrong Daddy's Drs. appointment is the 13 and they are suppose to plan his therpy appointments than. I know he is going to try and get out of it. I told him tonight I was not going to let up, and I won't.

I understand that you are tired. Are you still going to the nursing home every day? Take care of yourself.

My son tries to rest his knee when he can. I think that it is doing a little better.

Let me know how things are going.

God bless, Pam
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Hopefully your dad will get his spirits up after his dr appt. Hopefully they will have a good plan for him in thearpy.

My 1/2 brother doesn't even have a job! He hasn't worked yrs and yrs and was on welfare twice but they kicked him off cause he missed the class or something.

Well now my mom is back with Pam. I went tonight. I went twice yesterday. I'm really beat and have been at my wits end. I have to get the people out of my moms house INCLUDING my brother as I told him he could come in as the people (caregivers) I didn't want them to be by themselves. LONG story.

My mom was yelling again and not being nice. They heavly sedated her and she feel asleep.

Is your son gonna need another surgery or will he heal properly?

Well keep me postd and thanks for asking and caring.
    Take care,
    Rene
  7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene; I am glad that your Mom is back with the roomate that she likes. You are so wonderful going to see you Mom as often as you do.

Do you think that you will have troble getting the people out of your Mom's house? Will she be in the Nursing Home long term?

Now my Dad is worrying about my brother's car, it quit on him on Saturday. He does not have the money to get it fixed and either does Daddy. We went in there today and Daddy was asking Bill (my husband) questions about what was wrong with it and how much it would cost. My brother was all upset because my Dad would not just take his word. He said that it was his problem, if it is he needs to take care of it and not bother my Dad.

Bill said we might get it fixed but he would go to the garage and make sure and he would pay the garage directly. My brother has "borrowed" money before for different things and never gotten them done.

I am not feeling to well at the present. I am hurting quite a bit and have been doing alot of coughing, and I guess wheezing and snoring. The Dr. said that it could be asthma triggered by alergies. He gave me singular and an inhaler. I did notice that if I start to get upset that I cough more.

As it stands right now ther will be no more surgeries on my son's knee.

Let me know how things are going with you and your Mom.

Take care of yourself.

God bless, Pam
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Bump for Rene
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, Sorry you are having pain. That is one thing I am thankful for is I never have pain but I'm my energy level is really low. Hopefully when your dad gets to feeling better you will to. I think thats how it works!

You guys are really nice to your brother. Are you afraid of him? In a way that was good your dad didn't have any money.

Today was a bad day about getting them ou of my moms house. I'm scared they will purposely ruin it. They think I'm wrong for putting my mom in a home! long story you would believe it. I'm scared of them and my 1/2 brother. Plus my mom has 3 dogs and 2 cats all over age of 11. It just gets worse

I didn't see my mom today as I had to go out to her house. I feel bad about that but I couldn't. I hope she forgot about me. She is back with Pam.

Well hopefully your sons knee gets better and hopefully your pain goes away too. Yea I wish there was away our brothers would go away. My mom had a restraing order a long time ago on him. I don't know why I"m the one who gets sick and not him.

Well when I start to feel down then I think of Pam. She can only move her eyes. So I have to think of her.

Well thanks for checking in. This is like a soap opra for us both huh?

Take care,
    Rene
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

How'd the drs appt go today?
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

There was no Drs. appointment, it was changed to Friday. He saw a different Dr. in the hospital that we liked. This Dr. was in the same "group". I made the appointment with the hospital Dr. They called Daddy on Tuesday and informed him that he could not see this Dr. that he had to stay with the first Dr. If they are in the same group the Drs. cannot be switched as it looks like favortism. No kidding this first Dr. did nothing for Daddy. The one he saw in the hospitlal took care of the problem.

We are going Fri. and needless to say I have a few questions.

How are things with you? I started another thread to you.

Take care.

God bless; Pam