Hi Rene

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Busyknitter2, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I started another post. Hope you see it. How is your Mom doing?

I am glad that you where able to find a good home close to you.

I also found a reply that you made on one of your posts, where I had told you that my husband had to ge emergency guardianship on his mother.

The reason was that the Dr. said that she could not make decisions on her own and that she needed to be evaluated (mentaly). We where lucky enought to get it done on New Year's Eve because there was another emergency guardianship so they opened on of the court rooms at the courthouse.

Unfortuantely after everything was done, and the Dr. basicly changed his mind. She left the hospital went to the nursing home where my father-in-law was, hanked him out of the home. After my husband refused to take them back to Florida, she found a friend that took them back. When the Dr. said his mind, the guradianship was revoked.
    My FIL passed away on July 13 of last year. My MIL passed away on Sept. 12 of last year.

It was finally determined that she had lung cancer and it had went to her brain. If the Dr. here had stuck with what he said and they had ran more tests it may have been found sooner. She told other family members that my husband put her in there and forgot her. We where up there everyday.

When she really started to get bad in Florida, she called and we went to Florida. This time before we even got there she had turned every thing over to him, and he talked to the Drs. Thery gave her 6 months.

We got there on September 1 with intentions of getting her well enough to come back to Indiana. (All of her remaining family was in Indiana) She took a turn for the worse and was gone on the 12th.

She was a very cold woman. My husband stood beside her bed and told her that he loved her. She was still rational at that time. She made the comment that she had to use the bathroom. Needless to say this tore my husband up.

My Daddy is doing pretty well. He got out a little bit today, he was tired but it was good for him, he got to see some of his friends. He is eating well. I asked him today if he needed anything and his repy was "nothing but a new set of lungs"

I am paying for all of the trips to the hospital, and the cleaning. I hurt so bad today and cannot concentrate.

I hope that you are doing ok.

What all is wrong with your Mom? How long will she be in the Nursing Home?

So this is so long.

God Bless; Pa,

How are you doing?
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

I'm sorry for what you went through with your inlaws. They both went aroud the same time, that must have been hard.

I'm glad your dad is ok. My mom was have breathing problems today and they rehab home called me at nine and asked me to come as my mom wanted me cause she couldn't breath.

15 min after I was there they called 911. The hospital is right there but I started crying when the fireman came. She oxygen was low. She is 67. Anyway long story short she did go back to the same nursing home today.

Bad thing the home moved her as her roommate wanted her moved as my mom was screaming through the night. Even a guy across the hall yelled for her to shut up.

So now my mom is with a super sick lady like that Teri Shivo who husband took her off the tube. Its depressing. My mom was completely wierded out I swear its all her meds.

Well keep me posted on you and your dad.

Take care,
    Rene

3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Rene

Sorry to hear about the scare with your Mom. I know it is so scary when you see that they are having troble breathing. Do they know what caused it? What is wrong with your mother? It sounds like you are the only one able to take care of things for her. You are a wonderful daughter.

I have a brother but that is like having no one. If I had listened to what he said. I would not have went in there last Sunday and Daddy would no be here now. My brother has alot of problems and when my Mom was sick he was no help either.

Daddy did go to go and see some of his friends yesterday. He was tired but he enjoyed himself.

Please let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, glad that your dad got to get out with some friends. Great news. Hope he gets better and better.

My mom is still screaming I"M hot I'm COLD Get ME OUT of HERE. But not as much. I'm really scared when her antibiotic is over she'll become long term (shes been bedridden for 1 1/2 yrs completely) that they will kick her out and then back to nursing home search which is very stressful. I'm just taking one day at a time.

Well hope you're feeling better as your dad is doing better. WHen is your grandbaby due??
    Take care,
    Rene
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry to hear that you mother is still yelling. I hope that they will see that your mother really needs to be there. For her as well as your peace of mind. How are you feeling? I know that it has been ruff.

I had a really rought night last night. I kind of lost it and my poor husband was the one in line. He has been there for me and always so supportive. I am miserable today and have slept alot. I think that it was the bottom. My husband told me a couple of days ago that I had'nt broke yet and he was worried when it would happen.

Daddy finally admitted that he had been way down for a while. He is eating well. I still feel guilty that I did not go in on Saturday night instead of Sunday. I will never trust my brother's judgement again. As I said before the problems with my brother are a whole different story.

My new grandson was due in November. The last I heard they are going to take him in the next 4-6 weeks so he will be a premie. I can only pray that everything will be ok.

Let me know how things are going. As always you and your Mom are in my prayers.

God bless; Pam
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Bump for Rene
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, Don't feel bad about not going over Saturday. You had no idea right? Your dad sounds like hes doing a lot better so that is good. He doesn't want you to feel bad.

I will pray for your grandbaby. What do the drs say about your grandchild? DO you know if its a boy or girl?

Yea I don't know when I gonna "lose it" either! I have been pratically having a nervous breakdown every other day.

My mom was ok tonight. No yelling but she said she did yell that day. She told me she wished I could be her nurse. That made my day as I help her. I don't know where on earth I get the strenght to help her but I can. I'm usually 23 hours home confinement sometimes more and sometimes less.

Thanks again!
    Take care,
    Rene
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Thank you for you comforting words. I saw Daddy today and he is doing well. He even told me that he was going to do every thing he had to so he could get as better as he is able. I am so glad to hear him say that, as in the hospital he was about to give up.

My Grandbaby is a boy. My son is thrilled, he has a daughter. She is her "Nana & Papa's" pride and joy. His name will be Drevan Cole. From what the Dr. said if they take him in 4-6 weeks there is a good chance that he will be on a ventalator, but he should make it. I try not to worry but it is not easy.

Glad that your Mom seemed a little better today. I know that it is hard but you need to take care of yourself.

Please keep me posted.

God bless; Pam
  9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Bump for Rene. Hope you see this.
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I like your grandsons names. First and middle names. I bet that was music to your ears that your dad is gonna try to get better.

My mom didn't scream today when I was there but she wasn't being nice to me. I told her I can't stay long and cause I was tired. Which was true.

I'm just taking it day by day. I gave her roommate my walkman and a Shnia twain cassette. SHe was happy as she is paralized and her head is twerked to the side and she can't talk hardly. Every word is slow and dragged out.

My mom says she likes her. She makes weird yells through the night and my mom yells too but they like eachother!

Looking forward to your update. I don't spend much time on the internet due to moms health and I'm glad I had caught what happened to your dad, as I would have never known, and you were such a good support to me.

Take care,
    Rene