Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi I survived Thanksgiving. It was nice having my boys, and grandbabies here. It was also very hard not having Daddy here. So many things reminded me of him.

Bud did call Thanksgiving night and left a message on my machine wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving.

Friday I started getting messages on my phone from him. Each one got a little more crazy. I had forgot about him, never tell him again that I love him, I had s*****d him over. Thing of it was he was calling from another number. His cell phone was disconnected and the home phone owas still disconnected. I would not call him back last night because I was to mad and upset.

This morning I called the number and heard Daddy's voice. He is using Daddy's phone his friend had given him for work. He called me back and said he was very sorry for the messages that he had a really bad Thanksgiving. He did mention in those messages that he loved me. He also told me today that he loved me.

You asked me about the engagement. I am ok with it as long as it is a long engagement and they just do not jump into marriage. I do think she is growing up.

Can you believe that I went shopping yesterday morning at 4:00am in the morning? With Andrea. It was crazy, but we had a good time.

How is you Mom doing? I am so glad that she told you she loves you. You are doing such a wonderful job taking care of her. Deep down she knows it.

Let me know how things are going. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, wow that is good you went out at 4 and had fun with Andrea. Did you get some really good deals?

Glad you survived Thanksgiving. Your mom and dad were watching you and your family and are glad you were together and celebrating Thankgiving.

Bud sounds like my brother too. You never know what your gonna get.

I'm glad the kids are gonna have a long engagement and Andrea is growing up.

I just went yesterday to the NH for about 20 min. My mom said I could have the day off. I was already dead tired.

I called her today and she doesn't sound good. She is congested. I want to get her oxygen levels checked. I'm a little worried.

I asked her if she wants some yams and she said no she can't even think about that she is to miserable to think.

Well going to get in the shower.

Take care,
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How is your Mom doing? Where you able to have her oxygen levels checked today? I wish I could do or say something to make all of this easier on you. I know it is very hard.

I have not heard anything else from my brother. He was suppose to call me last night and did not.

I have not felt good today. My neck and head hurt really bad. This always happens when I get real stressed out.

It is cold and rainy here. I am not looking forward to snow. I like the beauty of the first snow of the year and than I am done with it.

Yes we got some pretty good deals on Friday. You would not believe some of the crazy people.

I am going to go rest. Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I hope everything is ok.
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Hope you're feeling better. Yea I saw some crazy people on tv going to get the early shopping deals.

My mom is sorta ok. Her oxygen levels were fine which is good. I only saw her for 20 min as I was so tired and plus had to talk again to the head nurse.

My mom keeps being neglected with her meds and told her about a rude nurse that I am sick of. The supervisor took it seriously so that is good.

I asked Chloe if she could come another day as I was so tired to even go drive her home which is only 2 miles. I hope I get some energy soon.

Where is BIll off to now? When do you usually get your first snow?

When do you but up your Christmas tree? Time is just flying so fast.

Well I'll talk to ya later!
    Take care,
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am glad that your Mom's oxygen levels are doing ok. It is a shame that there are nurses who think they have to be mean to patients. They should be made to lay in a bed and have people treat them the way they treat the patients.

I did a little more Christmas shopping today. I am taking it a little at a time.

We don't have our tree up yet. I think we will do it this weekend. I may wait until next weekend. My living room is small and it really gets crowded. Alexis informed me last night that I needed to get it up.

I hope things are going good with you. I am worn out and still need to do a couple of things. I hope you are getting some rest.

God bless; Pam
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? That will be fun to have the tree up with the kids but its a lot of work. Will you have Alexis help? She just seems like she gets excited about everything which is good.

My mom is so so. I pondering if I should call the state. Her bed rail was down and also she was heavily drugged on who knows what as I got the records and they don't match what she gave my mom. The RN lied.

The state will do an investigation in 10 days. Do you think I should as my mom has to live there? I am almost thinking the service cant get any worse almost.

How is your weather? Ours is in the 60s but sunny.

How is ALan doing?

Well I'm dead so I'll talk to ya later.
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Yes if I where you I would call the state. It almost sounds like they are sedating the patients so they do not have to deal with them and they have left her bed rail down to many times. Do you have to give them your name. You could tell them that if you give them your name that you are afraid that the service will get worst or they will mistreat your Mom.

Alan is sicker than a dog. He has bronchotitis and it was almost pneumonia. Today is his 26th BD. He told me that he is a little depressed, this is the first BD and hodiday season without any grandparents. We always got Daddy a Whitman's sampler for Christmas (they where his favorites). We decided we where going to go ahead and get one and enjoy it.

I was in Wal-Mart today and went past them and it really got me.

I am sorry that you are so worn out. I know it is hard but you need to get some rest and take care of yourself.

Let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

10. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam how are you? I came here yesterday but my keyboard wouldn't type. It doesn't that sometimes and today it works.

HOw is Alan? Did he have to go to emergency or did he get to just go to the drs? Thats to bad that he was sick on his birthday.

I know that little whitman candy area you are talking about at Wal Mart. I'm glad you went ahead and bought some. Its going to be a hard Christmas for you.

My mom is having to be suctioned 3 times a day. It is scaring me. She would only need to be suctioned 3 times a month the past months. She can't talk as loud either.

I am still on the fence on calling the state. I was told they will apeal it and it goes on for yrs. I still may though and I want to see want the new supervisor says.

Did you get your tree up?

Talk to ya later!
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sorry that your Mom is having to be suctioned so many times. I can understand you being scared. It is scary. Hopefully the new supervisior will be of help.

Alan is feeling better. He went to the quick med at the hospital on Wednesday. We had a good time at his birthday dinner. I made him a red velvet cake it is his favorite one too.

We got the kid's pictures taken today. I put one in my profile of them togather.

We did not get our tree up this weekend. We where both just to worn out.

Please keep me informed about how things are going. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? That is the best piture of Alexis! I can see she looks like Draven too. I love your livingroom ha ha!

I'm glad Alan liked his cake. I remember he likes that kind and I do to so thanks for reminding me to go buy a piece at the store. Yum.

Well my mom was sedated today a lot. I went in and she was staring up at the wall and didn't even look at me. I told the Rn. The aid said she feel asleep while eating which is dangerous.

I typed a letter to the dr and returned tonight. Found out she was given a norco at 1 pm after we said she was to sedated.

Do you know about neurotin? That is what she took that is a new med.

Is snow coming soon? We may get rain tomorrow but today was really nice and sunny and not to windy.

Well take care,
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Thank you for the compliment on the picture. They do look alike. Alan's genes are dominent. Two children that look alot alike by two different mothers. LOL

I looked up the neurontin and it said that it was used for nerve pain, seizures, and neuropathic pain. I honestly know nothing about it but that is what it said on web-md.

We are suppose to get snow tomorrow night. I am not looking forward to it.

Bill's BD is the 15th so I will bake another red velvet cake.

I hope you are getting some rest. You have so much to deal with at the NH and such.

It is getting late so I think I will try to lay down and get some sleep.

God bless; Pam
  14. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? Will Bill be home for his birthday? How is Alan? Thats true I didn't think of the two different moms but I can see how they look a like.

My mom was so drugged up and I told the RN and they didn't do anything. She was gazing at the ceiling (I've never see that) and didn't even aknowledge me. SHe is usually super charged up on the inside. I faxed and called the dr and he didn't do anything.

She isn't as drugged up today. She still is getting suctioned twice a day. We go to the cadiologist on Mon downtown at 8 am. I hope we don't have fog cause we get it bad here. She takes the ambulance.

I got a really nice compliment from Tims mom. Tim is 41 and severe with huntingtons disease. He usually just stares into space and his brother died 3 yrs ago from huntintons and her husband died to.

His mom is my moms age. She is always chipper and she told me I am such a nice person and I'm one of her faverote people. That was nice. My mom had just yelled at me to go home so that was nice.

Snuggles will be 17 tomorrow. Everyday is his birthday so maybe he will get a little bit more of a treat then he normally does. The patients sure love him.

Well take care,
  15. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry that they are keeping your Mom drugged up. If she is acting defferently do you think they could be giving her something different? I hope that the Dr. gets back with you, I would keep bugging him until he does.

Alan is feeling better. I am getting it though, I feel awful. If it is not better by tomorrow I will have to break down and go to the Dr.

Bill will be home for his Birthday. I want to do something special but I haven't figured it out yet.

Tim's Mom is right you are a very special and kind person. You take wonderful care of your Mom and are there for her. You take Snuggles to see the people at the NH and you do what you can for them.

You do need to take care of yourself also. I know I am one to talk.

I am going to put my pjs back on and curl up. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? Hope you get to feeling better. Everyone in your family keeps getting sick. Are you by yourself this week til Friday?

Well my mom was extremely acting out and she is so hard to understand. I called the dr again today.

I talked to the head today and she asked as nice as she could if I have another life besides the Nh. I didn't like that question. She dismissed what my concerns are.

Well we sure had a nice day today. Its gonna poor tomorrow but we need it.

Joan wants to go out to lunch on Friday and I told her maybe if I can.

Poor Tims mom she had both of her sons in that nursing home at the same time. they were roommates.

I'm gonna buy a few Christmas cards that are for moms and try to get Tim to pick out one. Tim can communicate. I will then send the card to his mom from Tim.

She always decorates his room and brings him flowers.

Well guess thats all for now.
    I hope you don't have to go to the drs!

Take care,

17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You are such a wonderful person. That is so sweet of you to do that for Tim and his Mom. You are definately an angel.

What did you tell the nurse when she asked you if you had a life? I think I would have wanted to say no I don't I will stay close to my Mom and it seems that I have to be here alot of the time to make sure she gets what she needs. She should be glad that you are there to be with your Mom.

Friends of our daughter-in-law passed away last night. She was a very heavy woman so when she started getting where she could hardly walk she blamed it on her weight. She went in the hospital about 6 weeks ago, went home and kept getting worse. She went back and she had a rare diesease that attacks your muscles. Her colon ruptured and they did surgery, she never woke up from that. They did an CT on her brain and she had no brain activity, they took her off of the ventilatior and she passed. I feel so bad for all of them it is so close to Christmas.

I feel about the same. Ithink I will go to bed and try to get some sleep. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  18. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam how are you today? Oh that is sad about that lady dieing. Plus whoever had to deceide to take her off the ventilator too.

Oh I told that supervisor that that is my mom and I'm gonna be here. She said she admired that but I know they don't like it. I'm only there 1 1/2 hours a day.

I went in today and my mom again was knocked out at lunch. I asked for the RN who never came in. I will call and find out what they gave her.

I'm scared of those higher ups at the NH. To show them what I have and they ALWAYS have some cover up you wouldn't believe it. They said my mom could have a new bed two weeks ago and now they said its not safe for her bed.

I also need them to deem her competent to do her will to. She really IS competent.

Well we got our rain today. Chloe is coming and I need to get back to the NH when she is awake.

Take care.
  19. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry that your mother is still doped up. I do not blame you for wanting to know every thing that goes on. I have said many times it is a shame that people can get away with what they can in the medical field. These are the people that you are suppose to be able to trust with you loved ones care.

I ordered a planter for our frineds today online with the florist we have used before. It kept declining my card and I finally relized that I had put in the wrong expiration date. I gave her the right date and it worked. Opps, LOl.

Alan said he would take me to the Dr. tomorrow. If I don't feel any better I will make an appointment.

Its late so I will go to bed. Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  20. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam did you end up at the drs? I hope not. That was nice of you to get the planter.

Well I went out to lunch. It was really nice. I hadn't been since August out to eat. Joan wanted to pay for mine but I didn't let her.

We went to see my mom afterwards. She was not sedated today. She was sleeping though when I called her earlier at 8 30 when normally shes up very early.

Last night instead of Chole cleaning I asked if we could go to the NH to see my mom as Chloe came at 5 pm. She went with me and my mom enjoyed it.

Chloe played the piano and I think shes the best I have ever heard even on TV. I've never seen anything like it. My mom enjoyed it and so did ALice.

Snuggles is sick so I need to get him cottage cheese and rice. He didn't have a good Bday yesterday as it was raining but everyday is his bday pretty much! Hes spoiled.

Talk to ya later.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2007]