Hi Rene

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I guess the DSL in working ok now. I haven't had any more troble.

I was woken up at around 5:30 with the house and everything shaking. We had an earthquake. They said it was a 5.2. It scared me but I went back to sleep and heard an hour or so later that it was an earthquake.

Alan said that the earthquake did not wake him up, Andrea screaming did. He jumped out of bed ready to fight because he thought something was in the house. It woke Alexis up and she told them that her bed was shaking and was afraid to go back to sleep.

Andy said that he slept thru it.

How is your Mom doing? Have they sent in the other Dr. yet?

I just got home and I am worn out and need to get some things done. Let me know how things are going.

I had to come back on and add this. Alan just called he got a job. Thank God. It is from 4:00pm to 1:00am those are good hours for him. It is thru a temp service but it is long term.

God bless Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 04/18/2008]
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Was that your first earthquake? I haven't felt one in a couple of yrs. Acutually its over with before I realize what happened or I don't even feel the earthquake. Our fault line is not close to the surface so they don't feel strong here.

So glad Alan got a job. Hope he likes it and gets to stay awhile.

My mom today was acting out trying to push her tray on the floor and lundgeing forward almost falling out of her wheelchair. I can't take it today.

The psycharitrist never came. Was doing a conservatorship a big ordeal? I know the house is gonna be forclosed on. The lein i bet won't wait to much longer and I can't rent it out to get a loan because the dr isn't doing anything.

What are you up to this weekend?

My computer keeps shutting off and it gets really hot too.

Well take care,
    rene
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

This earthquake was the hardest one. We had one years ago. My Mom's sister had just gotten in from California, she had not been here for over 20 years, I called my Mom and told her to tell my aunt to go home, she brought the earthquake with her.

I hope Alan will stay with his job also. It did say that it was interesting.

As for the consertorship. It wasn't real easy. We had a meeting with the NH , the Dr. nurses, SW and they said there was no way that she could take care of her self. The medical Dr. had a psychatrist evaluate her and he agreed. We than had to go talk to a lawyer (to the tune of $1500), she got us an emergency hearing on New Years Eve. She asked Bill questions he had to answer and the paper work from the Dr. The judge awarded Bill emergency guardianship. He than on Drs. suggestion had her admited to the mental health floor at the hospital. A lot of her problem was drugs for the most part, she was on so many different pain killers. We found three different scripts for morphine written in less than a week and she was taking all three.

I don't know if the laws are any different in California or not. Do they have a social worker than could give you information on how to get it started. It doesn't sound like you have alot of time with the house.

We are not doing any thing this weekend. We did go out for breakfast and did some running around this morning.

Take care and get some rest.

God bless; Pam
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi How are you? Thanks for all the info on conservatorship. When his mom went into the hospital did they take her off some meds or did they just give her meds?

Did the court have to interview Bills relatives for conservatorship?

I fed my mom yams tonight as I didn't go today at lunch. I will go twice tomorrow for an hour and a half each. I am glad she has that roommate as the ladys husband is there 4 hours a day so it makes me feel good it my mom needs help he can help.

I met a blind lady yesterday at the NH as she is across the hall from my mom. She is 63 and just stays in bed,. She pet Snuggles.

Is Alans job still going ok?

Are you doing anything special this summer?

Well take care,
    Rene
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

When Bill's mom went into the hospital they got her off of some of the narcotic type drugs. The reason she was in the hospital the first time was Bill's Dad called early one morning and she was screaming and carrying on. Her new Dr. had took her off of the morphine and she was having withdraws. They put her in the hospital and ran all kind of tests to try and find what was really wrong with her put her in the NH for rehab she refused to do any therpy or anything. That is when they told him to get emergancy guardian ship or the state would step in.

No they did not interview any of Bill's relatives. His aunt (Betty's sister) was mad at Bill for a while when Betty was in the mental health unit she would call her sister and tell her how mean Bill was and he had her locked in there and never came and saw her. His Mom even went as far as to call the police and tell them that he had stolen her money and car. When they went and talked to her and found out where she was they just called Bill and he had to give them a copy of the guardianship papers to put on file.

Alan said his job is ok he needs to get use to it and working again. He has to work for 90 days than he is a regular employee of the place instead of thru the temp service. Than he will go from $8.00 an hour to $11.00 an hour.

We had Andy out for his birthday with his partner, another friend and Alan and family. It was nice. I am always glad to see them put glad when they leave and I can get the house back to normal.

I hope you can get some rest, you sure deserve it.

God bless; Pam
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi, How are you? I remember you telling me some of what you went through with his mom. I hope I don't have to do it with my mom.

That will be nice when Alan gets a raise which is a pretty big raise. Where did you go for Andy's dinner?

Went to see my mom and Tims mom brought her a big rose which is nice. I would bring her flowers but if its from me she doesn't care much if at all.

I am so glad for her new roommate as her husband helped my mom pick up the phone and I help out his wife too. My mom likes it too.

I'm gonna send in more requests to get my mom off some of her meds. I found that a patient has a right to refuse meds and I am her decision maker.

Well take care,
    Rene

Tomorrow I'm getting my carpets cleaned and then my microwave smells like something electrical is burning. I just bought it not even two yrs ago.

7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We had Andy's dinner here. I cooked, I bought the cake at Marsh and it was very good. I feel old my oldest son just turned 29. My oldest granddaughter is going to start kindergarten.

Alan decided he needed to start watching his mouth. I guess they pulled in Kroger's parking lot and He said "d*** the parking lot is almost empty." They heard from the back seat "d***. It is not just monkey see monkey do it is also monkey hear monkey repeat. Draven is at that stage.

That is great that your Mom's roomate's husband helps her out and you help out the roomated.

I don't blame you about the meds. If you think they are hurting her or not working you have the right to say no. I did that with Daddy.

That was sweet of that lady to bring your Mom a rose. Was it out of her garden?

I have alot to do today so I am going to get off of here. Alexis is spending the night tonight so I want to get my housework done so I can spend time with her. I promised her Sunday that I would paint her toenails.

Take care and get some rest if you can.

God bless; Pam
  8. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? You are so lucky to have ALexis as she is to have you too. That sounds really nice that you had for the birthday party.

Yes she gets the roses from her garden. She is Tims mom who has the huntingtons. On the TLC channel last week it was soooo sad.

This lady used all her strength to care for her husband who had huntingtons and she was so week. Then her kids were so up set at seeing thier sick dad for 17 yrs and both her sons got it.

She couldn't take care of them any more and anyway after a few yrs she took them home and they all overdosed. It failed. SO she went to the NH and shoot both of them in the head.

So sad she really really gave all she could. Her sons didn
    t want to be in NH. She got sentanced to 5 yrs but only did a yr or 2.

She is still soooo depressed. Her whole life has been ruined.

I got a big gift as my mom said her roommates husband said hes got two women to take care of. So he is helping my mom just like I help his wife. My mom said she will miss them when they go. I don't think they are leaving soon.

Its the first bit of relief I have with my mom in yrs. If she calls for help he can help her. I swear if I would not have been there 3 times she would have been dead. I just showed up at the last minute.

Well take care and hope you had fun with Alexis!
    Rene

9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi how are things with your Mom? I am so glad that man is with your Mom's roomate and looks out for her also. It gives you a little bit of a break.

Alan likes his new job. Andrea is settling into Walmart also. I hope it works out for them both.

I have Alexis again tonight. She has school tomorrow. I went and picked up her school pictures today. They are so good as soon as I have time I will scan one and put it on my profile.

I am so very tired I am going to get ready for bed. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi how are you and everyone? Wow I was surprised about Andrea getting a job at Wal Mart. How are the jobs going? What did you do this weekend?

Well Snuggles has been sick and I took him to the vet. Of course at the vet his nose was wet and no fever yet I went out at 4 am for asprin the night before as he had a fever.

They checked his heart with ekg and so I am going to watch him. Is still isn't 100%

My mom is still the same. I went today but she was driving me insane. I cant take it today so I left plus when she won't stop making her noise and throwing pillows ect I can't do anything for her.

I met a volunteer girl and she stayed with my mom for 1 1/2 hours so sweat of her. My mom told me she didn't like her over and over.

Well its hot this weekend so hopefuly my air will get fixed tomorrow.

Hope you had a good weekend.
    Take care,
    Rene
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Things are very hectic around here right now. I will write more as soon as possible. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Ok hope things calm down for you.
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry that I have not been around. Things have been just crazy and I have not been feeling on top of the world.

Alan and Andrea have both been working and I have had the kids alot. I even let Alan have my car a couple of days this week. She still wanted him to take her to work yesterday because she didn't want to try his blazer home in the dark. He was so exhausted from lack of sleep that he almost passed out.

Bill is changing jobs. The one he was at could not seem to find any loads for them to haul. This other place is very busy.

A friend of his is having surgery tomorrow and we where going to go to the hospital, but I don't know if we will or not. Bill seems to be taking a cold or something. Will wait and see how he feels in the morning.

How are things with you? How is your Mom doing? I hope she is doing better than she was last time I heard from you. It is so hard. Did the pschristist ever talk to her? Has there been any thing with the house. This is all so hard on you. You are such a great daughter.

Again I am so sorry that it took me a while to get back. Please let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  14. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Rene how are you.
  15. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? Hope you get the weekend "off". That is to much for you in your condition to take care of two kids.

How is Bill? Did you go visit your friend in the hospital?

The dr never came or anything. My mom told me she wants to kill me just out of the blue. I keep calling the dr to get her off meds.

I spent about $800 on my car to get it repaired. SNuggles is doing better. I was so upset and thought he was gonna die.

Tomorrow I will go see CHloe at the church perform on the piano. SHe is the best piano player I've ever heard ever.
    She should go to Juliard but her parents want her to go to Stanford.

Well it is good about the jobs with the kids but they can't rely on you to take care of the kids all the time. You're not well enough.

Well take care,
    Rene
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? Hope you get the weekend "off". That is to much for you in your condition to take care of two kids.

How is Bill? Did you go visit your friend in the hospital?

The dr never came or anything. My mom told me she wants to kill me just out of the blue. I keep calling the dr to get her off meds.

I spent about $800 on my car to get it repaired. SNuggles is doing better. I was so upset and thought he was gonna die.

Tomorrow I will go see CHloe at the church perform on the piano. SHe is the best piano player I've ever heard ever.
    She should go to Juliard but her parents want her to go to Stanford.

Well it is good about the jobs with the kids but they can't rely on you to take care of the kids all the time. You're not well enough.

Well take care,
    Rene
  17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry that your Mom said what she did. I am sure that she did not really mean it. You are a very wonderful daughter.

We went and saw our friend in the hospital. We did not go up until after the surgery. It lasted 41/2 hours instead of just 3. He had an ruptured appendix back in 05 and when they did the suregery for that they left all of his stomach muscles hanging. The Dr. said the hernia was very large. He was doing very well for someone who had a 41/2 surgery, they said after a 1/2 hour in the rcovery room he was talking a blue streak.

Your right it does wear me out to watch the two kids. Alexis I can occupy but Draven wants to be on the go constantly. Andrea called me this morning to see if I was coming to her Mary Kay party and while she was talking to me Draven climbed up on top of Alexis' book shelf, it is only two shelves high but still. His Daddy nicknamed him monkey when he was itty bitty, it sure fits.

Bill is doing good, he is out mowing the grass. He starts his new job Monday. The place he was at could not keep him and other drivers running. This place he is going to keeps busy.

That sounds nice to go hear Chloe play the piano. I love music like that. I was told when I was young that I would make a good piano player because my fingers are long. My long fingers could not over come the fact that I am tone deaf. LOL

I hope things start going better for you with your Mom. I can not believe that Dr. has not came in like he was suppose to.

Take care and let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  18. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? How is your friend doing with his surgery? Hope BIlls job goes well tomorrow.

My moms roommate is in the hopital. She was gone friday when I was there. I hope she is ok. She has a bed sore stage 4. My mom misses her too.

I saw Chloe and she did a good job. I didn't see my mom earlier but went later afternoon and broght her garlic mashed potatos. She started tell me I hate you over and over at about 5 so I left.

I can't take it. Also I have to do something with that house and she has to tell the lawyer to let me have it. It will cost a lot to get him there and who knows how it will go.

How is your weather? We will be uper 80s which is to hot for me but nice to wear shorts.

Well take care,
    Rene
  19. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How is your Mom doing? I know it hurts when she says mean things. She is not herself.

How is her roomate? I hope she is ok too. It sounds like she is a good one to have.

Things are still nuts around here. The kids are keeping me busy. Alan's medical problems are still here. I am going to try and get him an appointment at a place they take no insurance or low income. He hurts constantly. To top it off they came over yesterday for dinner and he burned his hand cookin on the grill.

I am keeping Alexis tonight so I can take her to school tomorrow, Andrea has to be at work at 8:00 at Camby and there is no way that he could get her back to school by 8:30.

She is going to the zoo with her class on the 16. I was not going to go this time, i was going to leave it up to Dad. She "wrote" me a note yesterday and asked me to please go because I went last time and it was so much fun. I could not resist.

How are things with you? Have you been able to do anything with the house. Do you think that anyone from senior seviceds could help you find some one to evaluate your Mom. Do you have to have a witness here her say it is ok to do something with the house.

This is so much on you. Please take care of yourself.

Our friend went home from the hospital yesterday and he is doing pretty good.

God bless; Pam
  20. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi how is everything? Hope things are slowing down. Does Bill like his new job? Aw that was sweet of Alexis to write you a note to go to the zoo. Glad you friend went home from the hospital.

My moms roommate went home and is going to have hospice. My mom was upset but then now she says she wants her own room. I can never figure her out but I want her with a roommate.

My energy is lower since the heat. I am working on a lawyer to go see my mom to do something with the house. Who knows how that will go but what do I do?

I called her drs again and today and 3 times last week. They go we told him and whats your number. I tried to get my mom another dr but there isn't any I can find that go to the NH.

Well do you get any days off this week? How is your weather?

Have your heard anything about Bud?

Take care,
    Rene
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2008]