Hi Shirl ...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by psalmlady, Jun 10, 2003.

1. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I was reading down below about how we as Christians can offend others on the other boards by saying things such as "God bless" and "I'll pray for you" and so on. Would it be okay do you think that - when certain ones on the boards say things such as " I know God hears my prayers" and other remarks as to sound as though they may be believers also - would it be offensive to others if we respond back to them in the same manner of speech?
    ( am I clear here or ... is it just too late at night for me to make any sense? LOL!) Thanks! :)
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure you can respond to those who do indicate that they are believers. What we can't do is start witnessing to anyone on the FM/CFS board etc. ( I know how 'tempting' that can be sometimes!).

If someone is having a real bad time and I am not sure they would be offended, I will say; 'I am thinking good thoughts for you' or 'sending blessings your way', that should not offend anyone no matter what they believe or don't believe.

Yes, you are clear, I sure hope I am! Its almost 12midnight here, and I am tired too. The 'fog' seems to roll in when I am tired............

Have a goodnight, and God bless................

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That I am keeping them in my prayers or sending up a little prayer for them. Sending blessings someone's way should not be offensive to anyone of any religion or spiritual orientation.

It's just that we used to have people witnessing for their religious beliefs and it got to the point that new people coming here thought that this was a religious-based site. Some didn't know if they should stay if they were of another persuasion.

We decided to offer a place where people could feel free to post all they wanted about their faith, pray for others, ask for prayer, post from Scripture, etc., and the Worship Forum was born.

Love, Mikie
  4. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I have, in the past came on a little strong on some of the other boards, on other sites. I truly understand how we can offend and I sure want to reach out and help-not hurt the situation. I Guess we just sometimes get a little carried away wanting to *share* what works for us, huh! I am glad to have found this place and I desire to reach out and do what God would have me to do-for Him. In reading these boards for a couple of weeks before posting, I have seen compassion and total caring from you monitors. You're doing a fine job! :) ( just to let you know!)

God bless you both!