Hi SJ and All,

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, May 11, 2009.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Rainbow,

I've been missing Sacajawea this week, and just feel concerned if she has been sicker, or anything else. Hope she will be back soon, as she can. Love her posts.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009]
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hi Windblade. I've been missing her too. I hope everything is chugging along.

BTW while I am talking to you windblade, I wanted to tell you how much I like your Christian quote thread.

vivian
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, S.J. is so warm, and large-hearted - I'm missing her in the mix here.

So glad you're enjoying the quotes post. I love doing it so much. It's a delight for me.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

from everyone. Pity SJ is not here but it's so good to see how much affection everyone is feeling. I'm sure she will appreciate it very much. I add mine to her and to all of you!

I'm not up to computing these days - not the arm part nor the brain part - so I will leave you with this until I am again.

Peace to all,
    Rafiki
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I agree SJ...I have been absent from the board because of all the negativity. It is not healthy for anyone. But I do miss all of you...

Hope to post here again when all is well and not so draining to the spirit.

Hugs everyone:)
    Deb
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi....right back at cha;). Hope all is well with you and your garden is growing and flourishing! Cookie is becoming a happy dog...though she still has a problem with men, she just doesn't trust them. My husband is so sad....I keep telling him give her time. A woman scorned should also apply to dogs:)

Hugs,
    Deb
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

SJ - so good to have you back! I'm sorry you had a crash in your energy and health. And yes, I agree with you and Deb, that things can get so stressful here, it's best to take a break sometimes. I needed to get away for awhile too.

Rainbow - I loved the story of your finding and rescuing that poor lost dog at the MacDonalds. Hilarious to see your husband backtracking there. "No, I see people with it." LOL He knows you well. How wonderful to hear she became such a happy dog. I love the way you care for your land, and the creatures on it, and the strays! You are such a healer.

And Deb, how good to hear that Cookie is coming along well. It makes sense that it will take time. She is a beauty. I used to rescue cats, from when I was age 16 - 30, when my severe allergies stopped me from getting another one.

Cate,
    I am intrigued by that word 'doughty'. It sounds like a Scotch word to me, going to look up it's origins. I've always wanted to get an etymological dictionary to research the roots and connections of words.

Rafiki - we are so much missing you! Glad you could pop in to say hello. I wish there was something I could do - we could all do - to save you from that awful plague! Sending prayers, and blessings. I know so much love is being sent to you from so many here.

Hi to Spring, and Cynthia and all others.

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009]
  8. springwater

springwater Active Member

Windy...good you gave a shout out to Saja. And good to know Saja is out there and Rafiki. Just out of energy. Well, they have company. I too am in a slump. Or funk. it is that time of the month. Which could also be contributing. But, I am sort of tired of being tired and sad. I wish i lived out in some isolated countryside.Were i wouldnt feel pressurised to participate in family or community things.

I miss feeling really 'alive'. I know the feeling. because i have felt it before. So i know to miss it.

Rainbow - you put down a practise in your buddhism thread...it sounded very like vajrasattva practise whereby one purifies ones sins. Visualising peoples sufferings, taking it in, and breathing it out...i dont know what kind of monstrous things i have been upto in my past lives, that paying off my karmic debts is so so taxing...but pay them off i will.

I saw a programme on national geo ... about a sanctuary for dogs in Arizona...they showed a beautiful doggie which was ill, the doc took it to his own house for some TLC but it didnt make it...they had to euthanize it...they gave it a wonderful burial, the doctors family members all put a crystal each on its little coffin..there was a priest at hand..it was such a dignified and loving sending off....i was crying just watching and the priest and doctors family also were crying...its so comforting to know amidst the cruelty which abounds there is so much love too...then there were three lovely little pups....dopey clumsy little fellows with long long legs ...they all got adopted to lovely families....

all of you warm warm hugs

God Bless
  9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I just used up way too much energy posting on chit chat. In fact, I thought I was here, first ~ so confusing!

It's good to see everyone chugging along and getting by and being kind. Seems as though there is some pretty high quality thinking going on over here, too!

I get the feeling I missed some turmoil for which I am grateful even if I am not grateful for the reason.

I'm not sure what I changed that changed everything for me but I am going to figure out how to change it back!!!

Please take good care of yourselves - and each other, when you can.

Peace out,
    r
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I just caught on to what you meant about understanding Cookie....only took me 3 days:) LOL!!!

Hi to everyone, I am heading back to bed I am struggling with a flare this week...missing you all:)

Blessings,
    Deb
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Just wanted to thank you for posting "Journey away from Anger"...I haven't read them yet but they are all saved in my favorites:)

Hugs,
    Deb
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Deb,

Put your disability hearing on my calendar - for next Tuesday. And will be praying all through, as I know so many others are. Praying that you can rest now, so your flare won't get worse.

Rain, hoping you're resting well through your flu bug. Drink lots of liquids, and try and stay in bed if you can.

Very gentle hugs and blessings to you both!

13. windblade

windblade Active Member

Spring - I think of you living through all of the power cuts daily, and the water shortages, and the help not there. And all of the visiting you have to do for relatives.

If I was there, I would like to bring you presents, ( lots of books and special foods, so you could feel pampered).

The pic of your daughter is so beautiful - in her blue Indian outfit. She is so adorable!

Blessings to you and your family!
  14. springwater

springwater Active Member

good to see people checking in.

Windy, thank you for thinking of me..about the power cuts, getting used to it somewhat unless theres something i want to see on the tv...I rather like candle light, the weathers turned bit cold with all the rain so thats nice, thank you for the kind words about the pic :)

Rainbow -that story about the little pup you took in was so good to hear...my ma in law would probably have been livid too, but what a lovely ending...Im sure doggie enjoyed romping around in your land...and God Bless You for turning a little creatures life around and giving it unconditional happiness and love

oh and thanks for those long long pieces on jounrey away from anger...you have taken so much trouble and energy to post, its good of you to want to share what you are discovering on your own journey of learning

Debra - yes, noticed you have been staying away from the boards, well, the nature of religion as a topic being such as it is, i never expected problems to totally go away....but it is so encouraging to read understanding and loving posts, it makes it worth the while and ah well, the blow ups whch happen from time to time, theyre just that - blow ups, which calm down and i sure hope this board doesnt get closed down..it is providing so much comfort for so many, a learning place, a coming together of minds, a trying to bridge gaps

Rafiki, Saja, comforting to see you check in ....lets hope the flares calm down pretty soon

Im feeling very very sleepy, sleep a lot, trying to do the usual stuff done, feeding dogs, straightening rooms, i notice i tend to feel hungry too and have been indulging in junk food..lol.
    Thank goodness the metabolism is such that whatever i eat gets burnt up at once and isnt converted to fat...but then that contributes to my feeling jittery and anxious a lot too.

Anyways, you all take care

God Bless

15. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I didn't know you were sick! So sorry. I also hope and pray that you will fell better soon! I can't even imagine you being down...you are such a goer. Take it easy, so it will go away for good. Yep, lots of water like windblade said. Vitamin D3 like Jam suggests. :) I really go for that one now..to boost that immune system. Knowing you, you probably have your own immune boost remedies. It's hard to stay down when you have family and animals to take care of. Hopefully your hubby can help with the animals, and..all of those plants you planted need watering. Take Care!
    Love, Cynthia
  16. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

It seems I have missed a lot!

It also seems that everyone is coping really well with life ~ which is such a big job, isn't it. Yes, it is.

But, I really missed a lot!

A lot!

I have to go back and look for breadcrumbs to get me from where I left to where I found you guys.

Life! It's a bloody good thing it's so interesting because it sure ain't easy!

Peace out for now,
    me

17. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Rafiki...you didn't miss that much, but we missed you a lot:) Thanks SJ for all the prayers...I am really nervous!

Ladies I can't even think tonight....Talk to you after the hearing:)
    Deb
  18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You will be in my thoughts!

My eyes are crossed for you!

Remember to breathe,
    Rafiki
  19. windblade

windblade Active Member

Shooting up prayers for you today!
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just had to tell you that I loved the 'mush' that you wrote yesterday. It really lifted my spirits!

I'm getting ready for my PTSD therapy appt. It's a 40 minute trip each way, with an emotionally grueling session time. This is the first therapist that I've found who believes in, and respects my CFS symptoms. I am hopeful for some emotional healing. It's tricky stuff to deal with, but she is kind, funny, innovative, and very trustworthy.

Sending hi's to everyone!