Hi there it's Dolly from the UK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolly_garth, Oct 17, 2002.

1. dolly_garth

dolly_garth New Member

Hi there it's dolly. Does anyone ever get the feeling, that you'r GP is smirking at you, when you roll off the list of things that are hurting the most? I went to my GP yesterday because i'm feeling so flu like. as i was only diagnosed with FM at Christmas i wasn't sure if i was coming down with the flu or i was about to have a flare.My glands are up and every bone and muscle in my body feels like lead. Even my fingers hurt.When i said i wasn't sure what it could be, flu or FM she said it's proberbly a bit of both dear. I felt like she was being a bit patronising to say the least.My arms and legs are getting worse is this natural.I don't feel, that us English, are as well informed as the rest of you. But to leave you all on a happier note. I have found that vitamin E and Q10 works wonders for brain fog and CFS. Has anyone else tried them? Keep in touch.God Bless, to all you wonderfull people, Non of you deserve this pain. Together we can stay possitive, because we have each other. Take Care all. love Dolly.
  2. dolly_garth

dolly_garth New Member

Hi there it's dolly. Does anyone ever get the feeling, that you'r GP is smirking at you, when you roll off the list of things that are hurting the most? I went to my GP yesterday because i'm feeling so flu like. as i was only diagnosed with FM at Christmas i wasn't sure if i was coming down with the flu or i was about to have a flare.My glands are up and every bone and muscle in my body feels like lead. Even my fingers hurt.When i said i wasn't sure what it could be, flu or FM she said it's proberbly a bit of both dear. I felt like she was being a bit patronising to say the least.My arms and legs are getting worse is this natural.I don't feel, that us English, are as well informed as the rest of you. But to leave you all on a happier note. I have found that vitamin E and Q10 works wonders for brain fog and CFS. Has anyone else tried them? Keep in touch.God Bless, to all you wonderfull people, Non of you deserve this pain. Together we can stay possitive, because we have each other. Take Care all. love Dolly.
  3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Dolly, sometimes docs, as I have found out others do too, do not believe you or think you must be making it up. People can be quite patronizing. Hang in there, we are here for you also!
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

i'm from the U.K. too!

every time i visit my G.P. i have the overwhelming urge to slap him!
    he just sits there and has this very condescending smile on his face,while i'm telling him how i feel.he said last time,....'everyone with FM always tells me,you can't begin to know what it it's like unless you have it yourself'......
    i would say that is pretty accurate!
    since i came off Amitriptyline,he has offered no further treatment,so i'm thinking of going to see my rheumy in london again,i live in cheshire and the thought of the journey makes me feel ill!

sybilxxx