Hi there

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Sep 11, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I usually post on the arthritis and worship boards. I have ra and a bunch of other illnesses and was just diagnosed with fibro on Thurs. I think I have finished grieving. I have so many questions and don't know where to start. I was given the diagnosis and then she walked out of the room. My family doc. wasn't much. Do you know where I can get some reliable info? My question for today is, my hips are so sore I can hardly walk right worse than left. Along with this I have herniated L4 L5 with sciatic lt. leg but now have it in rt. leg affected my driving. My rt. lower backs throbs like a beggar. Heat gives some relief. Is this part of the fibro? Thanks a million any input is greatly appreciated.
    Cath
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Your symptoms could be fibro but it is very important to get a proper diagnosis. For years I put up with terrible lower back pain that I assumed was FM since I had FM elsewhere along with CFS.

A few months ago the pain increased and spread and I was in incredible pain all the time. I (finally!) insisted that my GP get me a proper diagnosis. X-rays show that I have "severe degenerative disc disease", lordosis of the lumbar spine and a few other things.

Physio has helped incredibly with the pain and I am wondering how much of my pain could have been addressed with physio these past 14 yrs. Maybe a lot of my suffering could have been prevented!

After the physio has done all it can do, I am again going to insist that my GP do further testing (CT scan? MRI? I am not sure) to see what other problems can be identified and hopefully treated.

A big danger with these DD's is that we often put symptoms down to these DD's and they can be due to other things.

Pepper