Hi there

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrobeachbum, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I would like to introduce myself. I am a 44 yr old mother of two. I have had fibromyalgia since early youth. My daughter who is 14 has it also. I live in the southern part of Alabama. I have my ups and downs as everyones knows and have some whoppers of major flares. I just moved here in May and hope the weather will not get as cold here. My hubby is retired and we have two dogs, a cat, two quaker parrots and a pair of love birds. I hope to get to know each and everyone and be here to give support when needed because I know I need some.
    Ann
  2. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I would like to introduce myself. I am a 44 yr old mother of two. I have had fibromyalgia since early youth. My daughter who is 14 has it also. I live in the southern part of Alabama. I have my ups and downs as everyones knows and have some whoppers of major flares. I just moved here in May and hope the weather will not get as cold here. My hubby is retired and we have two dogs, a cat, two quaker parrots and a pair of love birds. I hope to get to know each and everyone and be here to give support when needed because I know I need some.
    Ann
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Ann--Nice to meet you! We are the same age, and I live in Texas. I am thankful for this mild climate, as a cold front (moderate compared to up north) has rolled in--and I am seeing the effects of it. I am new to this board too--and have found it a great source of information, and support. Just wanted to say Hello--
    Regards,
    Karen
  4. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Welcome! This is a great place to fine support! I read more than i post because of bad hands! But wonted to say hello!
  5. kaymac

kaymac New Member

Hello Ann,

My name is Karen too, (kaymac), and I live in Arkansas. We are all enjoying the same weather! I have been in a flare since summer, and seems to be getting worse daily. On top of it all, my allergies are really acting up, and so now I am dealing with sinus/allergies!

I haven't been here long either, and I do read alot, but seldom get to post. But wanted to say welcome.

I have 3 boys, one possibly FMS, and 2 dogs and several cats.

kaymac
  6. musette

musette New Member

I am going to be 44 next week, and like you am taking my fibro back to my teens. I have two children, three cats, a dog, and A QUAKER! Isn't it wonderful how loving animals can be when you feel like hell. The fibro is really been in a flare up for months now, unbearable. My bird is so noisy and so sassy, but constant entertainment when I am down. I really have found that my animals provide a lot of comfort for me and will lay with me for days if they have to.

I have found the people at this site are very caring and understanding. I usually do more reading than conversing, but I had to welcome a fellow animal lover.

Musette
  7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

hi and welcome to the board! Sounds like you have a full house with all your family and pets! I would be lost without my husband and dogs! Anyway, nice to have you here!
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and a pro at having unexplained auto-immune, connective tissue, collagen vascular illnesses of an nonspecified type!!! Gobbleygook for "they don't know what in the harry to do with me!" Happy to have you join our support group/sometimes pity-party! We ALL need one another and we're glad to share and listen!
    Love,
    Kady
  9. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i am also a 44 year old mom with a daughter 14. boy, do we have it from both ends! just kidding! i am so sorry your daugher has this dd. how did you first notice, i am always looking for signs but think that maybe my son (almost 20) might be the one i should be worried about because he is so much like me! i think there is something about passing this dd through families.

warm regards, fibolady
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ann, welcome to the board. Glad you have found us. Sounds like you have quite a family of furry and feathered ones.

I have five dogs, great company those little fellows.

I am in Louisiana, and the weather does not seem to affect the Fibro too much, except for the dampness sometimes.

My husband is in Alabama right now with his job. He said it is very pretty there.

Yes, we all need support, and you will fine a lot of good people on this board, kindness is the order of the day around here.

Again, welcome to the group, hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl