Hi to all.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sweetpotatoe, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I've come here tonight and its all changed!!

I've been away dealing with major changes in my life, I've barely had the faculties to get through these last weeks and months.

I give thanks to the Lord for His hand in my life.

As most of my friends here know, I went through 8 years of struggle with my ex husband after my divorce, vicious, abusive, cruel and calculating misendevours went on and on for years, custody battles, my movements restricted, mind games with my 3 kids,...you name it. It was destroying me.

It went to trial in october and I got victory in that I could finally move away from the small town I was trapped in, I was vindicated by the courts, the truth was revealed, I had prayed for years to be released from the hell I was living, all I wanted was to get on with my life and be a mother to my children.

God in His goodness has opened many doors since the breakthrough, but it didn't work out the way I wanted..God had another plan. I had prayed for a husband, a decent man, a best friend daily for all those years, it was a huge desire in my heart to love and be loved, that and to be a mother, that was my dream.. and freedom too.

I met the man God had destined for me in september, He wasn't someone that I would have chosen but God knew he was just what I needed!!! He pursued me no end and finally I fell in love!

I got the freedom to move... but lost 2 of my kids, they wanted to stay in their home town.

I got engaged 15th january and moved shortly after, I had not a cent, but God put this man in my life and he made it happen.

I have been struggling so bad with grief, the dream I had was not Gods plan for me. My son and I are getting through everyday adapting to the changes.

I'm working through major anxiety attacks, my fiance works away 2 weeks at a time. I know it will all work out, I am blessed, I am so in love and thankful for my soulmate.

I;m just finding it hard, I know God makes no mistakes and we are all where we are supposed to be, it just hurts for awhile. I am seeking Jesus all through the day and night for help in my emotions, it will take time and I'm believing for restoration and the best years are yet to come.

So thats me, God Bless you all.

Love Cindy.
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Cindy! Hi - I have missed you so much! It's wonderful to have you back. I've been thinking of you, and wondering how things have been going. It's so, so good to hear from you.

Congratulations on your engagement, and your freedom to move out of the place you hated. I can understand from what you wrote, why it's bitter and sweet. Grief mixed in with happiness.

What is the new place you moved to like? I hope there is some beauty around for you to enjoy. Where did you meet your fiancee? (nosy me).

I was thinking of you also when I wrote a 'Praise Report' post, on finding a new therapist. You prayed so much for me, and I kept praying, and giving it all to God, walking one step at a time.

I found someone who is way beyond my expectations ( That post explains it all), but now I'm working with the emotional pain, and still taking it one step at a time - praying for God's guidance and help.

Cindy, I'm so glad you're here again! Looking forward to sharing more.

Judy

3. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Glad you are safe...
    I'm a Cindy too...nice to meet you! There seem to be quite a few Cindy's on prohealth! I'm also divorced and my heart aches for the place in your heart that is dealing with your children who chose to stay...I have three of my own and my ex has tried everything possible to get them from me, so I feel for you...I hope they come back to you!
    Cindy
  4. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

Hi everyone, I just posted a huge reply and dang its gone somewhere else.

I'll re do it tonight! My brain needs a rest, I'm going to take in some Joel Osteen in a sec.

Long story short, I met my fiance on the internet!!

Back later tonight.

God Bless.

Cindy.
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

You have truly been through a lot of personal grief and hardship. As I read your post, I couldn't help but think of a couple things we have all read, or heard. I wouldn't be surprised if you've read this first one a few times during that hard past in your life.....

Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream.
    I dreamed I was walking along the beach
    with the Lord...
    Across the sky flashed scenes from my life...
    For each scene, I noticed two sets of
    footprints in the sand,
    one belonging to me, and the other to the Lord...

When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
    I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    I noticed that many times along the path of my life
    there were only one set of footprints.
    I also noticed that it happened at the the very lowest
    and saddest times in my life.
    This really bothered me
    and I questioned the Lord about it:
    "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
    you'd walk with me all the the way.
    But I've noticed that during the most
    troublesome times in my life
    there is only one set of footprints.
    I don't understand why
    when I need you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied:

"My precious child, I love you and would
    never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffering,
    When you see only one set of footprints, it was then
    that I carried you."
    Mary Stevenson

I also thought of this one....

"I never said it would be easy,
    I only said it would be worth it."

You prayed for years for his help. You stood strong in his goodness. He lifted you, held you many a time. He is still with you.
    God Bless,
    Love, Cynthia
  6. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

Hi and thankyou Cynthia, Footprints was just what I needed! Its so true.

Although my circumstances bring relief and love is a soothing balm to my heart, I'm still seeking peace about some areas, I am being patient with myself (trying) and letting things unfold with my kids. Everday I am able to accept it just a little more, I am searching for purpose and fulfilment for this next season in my life.

My goal is to recover, I am believing with time and love, and Jesus helping me I will find peace after many years of struggle.

I am so focused on praising the Lord, looking for the positives, and enjoying a new start.

With God all things are possible, he is a God of second chances!

Love and Blessings to all.

Cindy.