hi to you all and a little introduction

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hobbler, Mar 6, 2006.

1. hobbler

hobbler New Member

Hi everyone

My name is Mandy, I am 37yrs old and live in the UK.

I have had fibromyalgia for about 5 yrs but it has got a lot worse over the past 2 years.
    Sadly I have had to go on long term sickness at my job (special needs assistant in a secondary school) of 8 yrs ... and I havent been able to return there for the past 15 months. The school are in the process of terminating my employment due to ill health and I have signed the papers agreeing to this... But I am beginning to adapt to living on benefits and my partner of 10 yrs is very supportive and helps all he can..

I look forward to using the message boards and getting to know you all..

((((soft hugs)))))

Hobbler
    x

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm rosie, live in Scotland. I have had M.E./Fibro for 20 years but incapacitated since end 94. Had to give up my career too.

You'll find a lot of support and information here.

Hope you've applied for all the benefits you're due, like DLA.

love
    Rosie
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

I live in the US, in Arizona. I have CFS, and possibly undiagnosed FM.

You will find a lot of good information and lots of support here.

Welcome aboard!

Hugs,
    Twerp
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mandy,
    Hi and welcome to the group. We have a good amount of people from the UK on here.

I'm sorry about your job, but that seems to be the course in all of this. Very hard for people to be able to keep a full time job.

I live in Chester, Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond, VA, where I was born.

I have FMS also and have had it since 1995.

You can check my profile by going to the left side of the board and clicking on my username in blue and wait a few seconds for my profile to load on the board. Of course, you can check anyone's profile doing this. lol

Good to have you here! If you have any questions just post and someone will answer you. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Hi Mandy,

My name is Linda but everyone calls me Lindy and I am 36 years old and reside in the U.S.

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 5 years ago but suspect that I have had it several years before being diagnosed. Without a doubt I know that the trauma I had in my life several years back caused this horrible syndrome.

Glad you found us...We have an amazing site full of
    caring, compassionate individuals that support each other through this day by day.

I look forward to getting to know you and you will learn alot here on the boards.

Hugs,
    Lindy :O)
  6. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Glad to have you here but also sad that you have to be here b/c I hate to hear of one more person with this terrible disease.

I am 39 almost 40 on March 11th, I have fibro and suspect I have cfs, I have all the symptoms of cfs.

I also have diabetes, diabetic neuroapthy, gastroparesis from diabetes, I have herniated and bulging discs in my back and Degernerative disc disease, IBS, Multiple Chemical sensitivities, Osteoatrhritis, and Rhuematoid arthritis, Diverticulitis, Tacycardia (spelling?), chronic headaches, anxiety attacks and now I am fighting for disability, my hearing is on the March 14th.

I am also married for 18yrs to the most wonderful and understanding man who is trying to help me fight this disease.

I have learned recently he has been reading alot of the posts trying to find out anything else that could help me.

I have two children, one is 23 and has been married for 2yrs and I am so proud of her, they are wanting to have a baby but they are waiting until they both get good paying jobs and a house of their own first, she is very responsible.

The other child of mine is 12yrs old and my miracle child he was 10-11wks preemie and weighed only 3lbs at birth, he had a stroke during labor as it lasted for 23hrs and I almost died b/c my blood pressure was 50/30. They didn't give him much of a chance for survival but what do they know, the only way you can tell there was ever a problem is he is mentally impaired and he has seizures, until recently he only had Complex Partial seizures which were bad enough but now he has begun having Grand Mal seizures.

I think you will find this site to be very supportive and helpful as it has been for me.

Sorry didn't mean for this to be so long!

But it is good to have you here, Pamela
  7. hobbler

hobbler New Member

Hi

Thank you all so much.. I sure wasnt expecting so many replies so soon!! lol.. thats lovely..

Im sorry we have all met under such rotten circumstances... but am glad there are places like this where we can support one another and share tips, advice and hugs!

Looks like you have quite an age range on this site.. and it also seems lots of people have been suffering for many years before being diagnosed ..

Is 10.10pm in UK and Im off to bed.. am very tired today and quite foggy.. Look forward to popping back in tomorrow and reading some of the posts and articles on the site..

Thanks again

Hobbler
    x

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

nICE TO HAVE YOU HERE. I am expat living in the USA for a long time on and off.

Sorry you have this. I think the helath system takes better care of you there than here, p[lus it is not as scary being out of work.

Could you post a little of what part of UK like south north whatever, as it is interesting for the rest of us.

I am originally from Cheshire but lived in Jersey(CI) and Cornwall a lot.

Miss Uk but it is just too expensive there.

Good Luck.
    love
    Anne C
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*WELCOME*~ to the board :)
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

I live in Los Angeles which is just like England except it is sunny and warm. Haha.

I have ancestors from all over the British Isles: England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland. Who knows; we may be related.
  11. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hobbier:
    Welcome! I know there are others here from the UK.
    I have found this board to be the thing that keeps me sane.
    I was climbing the walls until I got my new system. (The old one crashed and was unfixable).
    I read more than post and get what I need out of that.
    Everyone is so helpful. I once posted at how horrible I felt and the group came to the rescure.
    Enjoy your time here and again: Welcome!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  12. hobbler

hobbler New Member

Hi again to you all

Thanks for the welcomes.. I feel part of this community already! I will try to answer a couple of points some of you made and questions u asked..

I am from Birmingham in the West Midlands in the UK .. Its very very wet here today and hasnt stopped raining since first thing this morning... Im in lots of pain today so i guess i can blame it on the weather.. hehe..

I am currently on Incapacity benefit which is £68 a week.. I havent applied for anything else yes such as DLA.. I probably may do in the future but right now am managing on the incapacity benefit as I havent been claiming for long.. plus it was a nightmare with all the phone calls.. forms.. etc and trips to the jobcentre plus centre backwards and forwards.. has put me off claims for a while! lol ..Its also difficult as im still 'technically' employed until I am sacked or terminated and i get sick of tryin to explain this to the benefits people..

Is nice to be here... I have never met one person who has fibromyalgia.. Its weird.. makes u feel so alone.. Ive heard of support groups but there are none in the west midlands aside from stourbridge which is miles away from me. Plus I dont drive.. just hobble.. hehe

((((soft hugs))))

Hobbler
    x