Hi :) What's the most likely culprit for intense all-over body itching? tia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Mar 1, 2010.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I ate some linseed (flaxseed mixed with water) twice the day it started 4 days ago...

Also, four days ago I stopped eating chocolate completely after being a bit of a glutton re chocolate... But why would that cause it...?

Lastly, I ate some mackerel around the same time (not had it in a while)...

What's likely to be the culprit do you think? I ate the above/ stopped the choc 4 days ago...if it was anything to do with any of that wouldn't it have gone now?

Oddly, my sensitive complexion is also tighter and more sore than usual....

I am really unwell and this intense itching which seems to travel around my body without any clue as to where it will go next and doesn't stop no matter how much you sctratch is too much for me :(

Any idea what could have caused this? :(

Thanks. Shelbo
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

OMG - do I ever itch!!! I wake up in the middle of the night doing a FULL BODY SCRATCH.

I very often look like I've been in a fight with a tiger and barely got away. I have scratch marks that have bleed - long fingernail stripes down my sides, my legs...

Part of it for me is extremely dry skin - wintertime!! What helps a little bit is not only using lotion etc, but I use baby oil right before I get out of the shower. Having water on your body after that won't hurt, it kind of rolls off.

I think my pain medication (or could be another) always contributes. Although I've been on it for a long time and I haven't itched like this the whole time.

I don't know what else it is. It's a well known fact around my house that I am always itching!
    I am always digging at my skin!

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

instrad I use the generic "Zrytec" For one thing you don't have the pink dye to deal with

If I am only itching in one spot like s spider or an ant bite, I break off a small piece of the zyrtec tablet, get wet and make a little paste from it and then put it directly on the bite. That will generall take the itch away right away. If more itching is happening all over I then take about 1/2 zrtec.

My dr. wants me to take flax seed gel cap twice a day, but sometimes that makes me itch.