Hi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganna7, Jul 14, 2013.

1. morganna7

morganna7 Member

Im new here, but its not me that suffers from Fibro.....its my 12 yr old son. He,s had it a long time, since birth I would say, or not long after. Has anyone else here got a child that suffers from it? I don't know of any other parent, who has a child with this, other than on support groups, (online) in America. There doesn't seem to be anything in England, or Cornwall, which is where we are. I have searched, but there doesn't seem to be any local support groups xx
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Morgana

Welcome to the board. I haven't seen any posts here about children with fibro. It's really tough to
    be a parent and feel unable to help one's child who is in trouble. Have you visited the Fibro and
    CFS board? It's at this same site. Click on Forums to get there.

The board format was recently changed. I don't know if we still have a research library. You could
    post that question. Use the title of "Moderator; need help" or some such.

Best of luck to you and your son.

Rock
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Morganna, I'm Mikie and I'm a moderator but am embarrassed to say that I can't find our library here since the new website changes. I'll have to ask ProHealth for help. I'll get back to you. I do know we have had members with children who have FMS. While I'm trying to find our library, if you post on the Fibromyalgia forum, perhaps you can find some members who can help you. It'll be tomorrow before I can contact some to help me.

Love, Mikie
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Has your son been checked for Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?
  5. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Please please please find our library -- it was an awesome invaluable tool for us all to find help,to educate ourselves, and educate our doctors and our families. It would be a very great loss to the advancement of knowledge about CFS if we don't have it any longer!!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you click on Supplement News at the top of the page, it will list current articles. You can do a search to find other papers and articles on a particular subject.

Love, Mikie
  7. morganna7

morganna7 Member

Hi TigerLilea......Yes, he has been tested for Juvenille rheumatoid arthritis. He has this also, but is currently undergoing tests to find out which type he has