Hi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by coopcooper, Jun 9, 2014.

1. coopcooper

coopcooper Member

Just wanted to say hello.

Looking forward to learning and sharing here.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Coop

Welcome to the board. Let me give you a quick tour. If you click on "Forums" at the top
    of the page, you can see the table of contents for the different boards. The porch, (where
    "The Porchlight is On") is a thread with no topic. Folks just drop by and talk about what
    is going on with them. A good place to chat about kids, pets, annoying relatives, holidays, birthdays, TV shows, movies, books, old music, new recipes, old cars, pet peeves, etc.

You can find the board rules at the top of the page (blue line). We avoid controversial
    topics like religion and politics. Click on "Shop" if you want info about supplements.
    "Supplement News" has reports about developments; research; etc. There is a tool bar
    at the top of box where you type messages. You can change the font, add color, etc.

At the right bottom of the page, you can see who else is on the board. You can
    do an instant chat after you have signed in. I am still learning about this feature.

If you click on a poster's avatar, you can get some info and pull up posts from the past.

Rock
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Coop (if I may call you that),

I'm so glad you found us. Chit Chat is a wonderful group of people who are like your friends, sharing a cup of ice tea out on the front porch. People here are friendly and supportive. Our other forums are for other types of support and for discussing our illnesses and the treatments and symptoms. Lots of info here. The day I found this place is the day I started to heal. I wish the same for you. C'mon over to the Porch and join in.

Love, Mikie
  4. coopcooper

coopcooper Member

Thank you so much for your support, I have already learn a lot just reading the forum.
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Hi Coop and Emma, welcome aboard, this is a nice place both to learn and to forget about the illnesses we deal with.
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

A big HI and welcome to you Coop and Emma. We've been missing you Soul over on the Porch . Hope you are doing better. Yes, make yourself comfy and check around the boards, go make some friends and pick up a bunch of info on the way.

Yes, I am also mostly on the Porch, the threads with the changing Porchlight volume numbers :), )under Chit Chat (not to be confused with the actual Chat feature!!! However, I may pop up anywhere.

Hugz to you awl,
    Granni
    Soul* likes this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Emma,

Welcome to you too. It's so nice to have some new members. Please don't feel that, just because the same people post on the Porch and we all know one another, you both would not fit in. Believe me, we all came her once as a newbie and our wonderful members welcomed us into the group. And, it's a wonderful group. I call our members my Online Family and that is what they are. I've never had so much caring support and comfort. Stick around; you will too.

Love, Mikie
  8. springwater

springwater Member

hello cooper and emma

welcome to the board..there used to be a depression board also here
    which got me to join..in 2003, i think..that board shut down but
    by then i was chatting on the porch...they all understood the issues
    i dealt with, the fatigue, difficulty keeping up a social life, the
    uncertainty of my energy levels, some days lower than the rest
    ....i think CFS and depression go hand in hand most times..

sometimes members take a break from posting when things
    get too overwhelming...and that also is understood...we get
    empathy onthis board...and its a lot of fun reading everyones
    posts on The Porch..

whether you want to share thoughts on medical issues, or just
    chat, pls jump right in....glad to see you both

God Bless
  9. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Granni my heart is still with you all on the porch, it's just to much to take in for me as it goes so fast on there and the stories can be so intense and many. I simply can't keep up with that it's to exhausting but doesn't mean I don't care for you all ;)

I can usually be found on the games boards on the home and bedbound section. I don't post every day but pop up now and again.
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dar Soul,

Please don't feel that you have to be on the Porch. I do understand how fast the Porch can go at times. People come and go and I cannot always keep up. However there are times when I find myself talking to myself, as do others.

We don't want you to feel uncomfortable about that. Any time you might feel well enough to pop in to the Porch, please do. I'm very happy if you are getting what you need such , laughs, comfort, information from other parts of PH such as the Bed and Homebound board. Do not feel badly but we just want you to be happy . If there is where you are most comfortable , that is just fine. That is also why every now and then I pop in over here or somewhere else on PH. To see some friends I don't see on the Porch that much any more or just to se what I going on in the different areas.

Just wanted to let you know that you are missed over there, spreading your wonderful, kindhearted, gentle spirit wherever you go. but are happy to know that you have found your own comfy spot on the boards. :cool:

We love and miss you too !

Gentle hugz,
    Granni :)
    Soul* and rockgor like this.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Soul,

I totally get how hard it is to keep up with the Porch. Sometimes, when I'm sick, or have a lot on my plate here at home, I lose track of where everyone is. I just explain that I haven't been able to keep up and I start new. Of course, we understand if even hanging around on the Porch is too much. We've had other Porchies who have to take a break from it all. We miss them, wish them well, and wait with open arms when they feel comfortable coming back. Much love, hugs and prayers to you.

Love, Mikie
    Soul* likes this.