hiccups

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Oct 13, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

does anyone else with Fibro get the hiccups often? My throat muscles have been pretty tight lately and so I swallow a lot of air and then get the hiccups. It is very embarrassing trying to talk to people when i have the hiccups.
  2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

does anyone else with Fibro get the hiccups often? My throat muscles have been pretty tight lately and so I swallow a lot of air and then get the hiccups. It is very embarrassing trying to talk to people when i have the hiccups.
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I get them too ..... yuck* they are embarrassing to say the least and you NEVER know when they are coming LOL>>>>> they can lead to some interesting conversations... LOL>>> I hate to laugh but I remember one time in particular when it was inappropriate to giggle but I can't help it cause they are so odd soemtimes....it never ceases to amaze me that there are really some of you guys out there like me! Good luck!
  4. monom

monom Member

After being diagnosed with CFS, I had that in the hospital
    for several days,I could not eat and vomated alot.I was fed through IV and many injections to stop it.I also had it off and on for one year,It was very tough to deal with it.I hope you will do okay with it.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

AAGGGHHHH They drive me insane. Since this last really bad flare up, they just wont leave me alone.
    I get them at least a couple of times a day. Not for long. Just long enough to be annoying!

Lease
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

That cause my Hic-ups. When I sing I get to much air into my stomach and I bloat up too.

The best cures that I have found, and I have been using them since I was a wee child, is a tablespoon of applecider vinager. That's also good for the Urine also.

As the song say's, a little bit of sugar helps the medcine go down, well I havve found that a teaspoon of white sugar, sucked on slowly will also get rid of them.

Beats standing on my Head and drinking water upside down, Through a cheesecloth, that was my Greatgrama's remedy.

I know we do get them more becuase of the FMS/MPS combo, lately I've had them nightly. Must be going around, hiccups

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I get them about once a day, just started a week or so ago, that is the nice thing about Fibro, each day it is something new!

Jaci

[ advertisement ]