Hicups in the night anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ouchiered, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ouchiered

ouchiered New Member

Hi everyone

You'll love this one I just posted on the wrong message board. Oh WEll!

Has anyone experienced hic-ups in the middle of the night when you are sound asleep?? For the last two weeks I've had them twice. And they hurt! Is this part of FM & CFS or meds???? Have not changed my meds lately.

Just wondering. Have a good day. GG
  2. fmnsc

fmnsc New Member

Are you taking Neurontin? I was placed on Neurontin, and this was a rare side effect. After gradually going off of the medicine, it still stayed with me for a couple weeks. Not only would it wake me up in the middle of the night, but was throughout the day also. They were very strong, and uncontrollable. Good luck.
  3. ouchiered

ouchiered New Member

Thanks ouch for all the cures. Had no idea there was so many. When I wake up I usually only hic-up one or two more times then they are over.

Fmnsc-- yes, I am on neurontin for at least a year now. Only 100mg every 8 hours. Come to think of it I have had them during the day sometimes. Not often though.

Thank you both for answering me. GG
  4. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Just another symptom that has just popped up on me also. Don't know if it is related to our illness or not. But I also wake up and start hicupping really loud.