Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinksourpatchkid, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pinksourpatchkid

pinksourpatchkid New Member

So i'm 18 years old and I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I feel so embarrased by it sometimes. I'm really worried that I wont be able to be in a relationship because of it... Any comments or advice?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's a lot to type. Can I call you Pinky? :) PSPK?

Welcome to the board. There are several boards at this one location. You can
    find a menu at the top left and the board rules at the top right. You might want to check the research library (top) and see if there is any info there. I suspect you have already done a lot of research, right?

The Chit chat board is for socializing. The Porch and the Lounge have no
    specified topic. Folks just drop by and discuss whatever is on their mind:
    kids, pets, music, movies, recipes, jokes, etc.

I never heard of this hard to spell disease. Looked it up in Wikipedia. I
    read it is non contagious; involves the skin and sweat glands; causes sores;
    has no clear, effective treatment, and the cause is unknown.

Treatment consists of lifestyle (diet, for example); medication; surgery, and
    radiation. No guarantee that any of it will work.

Is that your understanding too? I am so sorry that this disease has hit you.
    Especially at this time. The impact would be substantial different if you were
    20 or 30 years older.

If you also suffer with depression, you might want to visit the cognitive and
    mood board, although it has not been very active lately. I have been depressed
    most of my life. Got a great deal of help from the 12 step program Emotions

I hope something comes along that can help. Best of luck.