High BP and garlic help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly8, Apr 1, 2007.

1. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I have been checking the threads and have discovered that some people with CFS do have high blood pressure - like me.

I have had to gradually increase my bp med over the last few years as the bp levels keep crawling up. I know if I lost weight and exercised more this would help my levels - but this is impossible, at least at the moment.

I have heard that garlic helps lower bp. Has it worked for anyone? Would garlic tablets do the same thing? Anything else 'natural' that has helped anyone with high bp?

I am getting worried that nothing seems to be helping and that the strengths of the bp medicine, and the types of tablets, are just going up and up. They must have side effects.

Also - can high bp make you lightheaded?
    All replies appreciated.
  2. swehling

swehling New Member

I'v taken garlic tabs (nature made is the only brand I trust) for more than 10 years. I have naturally low blood pressure, but have used it to stave off sinus infections and boost my immune system. I know it works or I wouldn't take it. It is water soluable so no toxic build up. It's worth a try. I know it's a natural blood thinner. Dr. always tell me to get off it before surgery- so this may help w/ high blood pressure.
    Susan
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

4. swehling

swehling New Member