High cholesterol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by JaciBart, Sep 10, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

How many of you have high cholesterol? Could this be the common denominator?

Just wondering.

Seems like the one thing all of us are searching for is the one thing we all share, it makes sense to me that if we can find that we can figure out the cause.

Also, it is interesting to look at the immune system in depth. Look it up, there are so many different components to the immune system, I am doing some serious study, I am just like everyone else here, dying (literally it feels) to find the cause.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

How many of you have high cholesterol? Could this be the common denominator?

Just wondering.

Seems like the one thing all of us are searching for is the one thing we all share, it makes sense to me that if we can find that we can figure out the cause.

Also, it is interesting to look at the immune system in depth. Look it up, there are so many different components to the immune system, I am doing some serious study, I am just like everyone else here, dying (literally it feels) to find the cause.

Jaci
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

High cholesterol and triglycerides for me...
  4. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

I was tested a couple of months ago and the results were high cholesterol and triglycerides. In two months time with exercise, fish oil and diet I was able to significantly reduce both. I sure am getting tired of lettuce though!!!
  5. dojomo

dojomo New Member

It is consistantly over 300. There is a link to Cholesterol and what mycoplasmas use to survive....forgot where I read it....but there is a connection between the two........DJ
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

I have high cholesterol and high triclycerites (sp???). My daughter and mother who also have Fibromyalgia also have the same. Daughter is only 29!!!.

Dara
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Jaci:

Well, I'm afraid I am going to be the odd one in the group. Not that I am complaining, but I have never had high cholesterol. Mine is 186 right now. Never had a problem with high blood pressure either. Mine tends to run low.

Too bad there aren't any easy answers as to the cause of this disease.

Ellen
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

....will cause, among other things, elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. Dr. Bennet recently proved that a significant minority of FMS patients have low hGH. Do a search through previous posts to see a lot more info on this. There are also some good articles in the library here.
    Before FMS, my cholesterol was 163 and my triglycerides were 125. That was an accurate reflection of my very healthy diet. Now, with an even stricter diet, my cholesterol is 275, and my triglycerides are 287.
    Something is definitely rotten in Denmark!
    Klutzo
  9. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

one. Gary was given Lipitor me nothing and I have higher BP then Gary. I guess it's my being a female and he a male. Same PCP to.

Kim and Gary
  10. clprez

clprez New Member

My cholesterol has gotten higher since I've had FMS, but I don't necessarily attribute it to the FMS itself.

I used to exercise lots, and now I don't very much. I also am not eating as good as I should, since I don't have an income and have to watch my pennies. It seems like anything cheap has lots of bad stuff in it.

One word of caution. I was on Lipitor at first, and I had horrible muscle pain. It is one of the more frequent side effects of the drug. Fortunately my doctor warned me about it, as I first thought I was going into a flare. When the flare turned into it's 3rd week, I finally got it through my thick skull that it was the Lipitor.

Soft Hugs,

Carol

Carol
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

My doctor said my cholesterol levels are beyond excellent. I live on protien....eggs, cheese, steak, pork, chicken, pork rinds, etc.....I seldom touch starches. I guess I'm resistant to the bad stuff. I also have excellent bp, usually 110/65 to 95/55.

Marilyn :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2002]
  12. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

I just remembered why my Dr. wanted me to lower my cholesterol naturally - she said that the meds for it can make the symptoms of FMS much worse . . . and mine are bad enough this year as it is.