High Cortisol, Low D, Low DHEA, Hypothyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charchar1974, Jan 4, 2007.

1. charchar1974

charchar1974 New Member

Hello all I'm new to this forum and hoping to learn a lot from you. As the title of this post describes it, I am high in cortisol, low in Vit D, low DHEA and hypothyroid. I am seeing an alternative endocrinologist and have also been diagnosed with FM by a rheumatologist. Right now I am on 30 mg of Armour, 1200 to 2000 IU of Vit D3 per day and about to start an oral spray of DHEA. I also use Ambien at night to sleep and I am taking extra Vit C, B, Zinc and sometimes a Cal/Mag combo although it makes me sick sometimes. I also take Ortho Novum 1/35 birth control pills as my rheumy feels my hormones are very low since I feel AWFUL off the pill. I have gastroparesis which is delayed gastric emptying and daily nausea when I'm not on the pill. My friends and family just don't get it. They equate birth control pills to evil and don't understand how someone who is only 32 could need the pill. I have read a bit about bioidentical hormones but the 4 drs I have consulted all feel that the pill is the best thing for me at this point. Also my endo doesn't understand how my cortisol can be so high and my DHEA so low. I am quite confused myself! Charisse
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

You might want to chop your post into paragraphs for readability.

I will try to respond later.