High Mycoplasma pneumonaie blood test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GooGooGirl, Aug 28, 2003.

1. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

Can anyone tell me what it means if the Mycoplasma pneumonaie blood test comes back positive? I just requested my lab reports from an allergist who did a whole bunch of blood tests on me last year and this test came back high. Can anyone tell me what this might mean? The doctor never called me to discuss it with me.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That at the time of the blood test, you had an active mycoplasma p. infection. You had pneumonia. The doc should have ordered antibiotic treatment. At this point, the infection has most likely gone stealth and the mycoplasmas have invaded the cells in your body. A regular blood test today probably won't show this bacteria. It would take a PCR DNA test.

Talk to your doc about trying some antibiotics empirically to see if you don't feel better. You may have a Herx effect which will make you feel sick before you feel better. If so, this is good evidence the treatment is working.

Do a search on mycoplasmas here and it will bring up some of Jelly's articles on mycoplasmas. Also do one on hypercoagulation, which goes along with stealth chronic infections.

Jelly also has told us about the Roadback Foundation. At their website, there is info on the protocol for your doc.

Love, Mikie
  3. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

Thank you for explaining that to me, Mikie! You are so helpful!! :) I can't believe the doctor did not recommend any treatment. The thought of those things invading my body is kind of creepy. I think I will call the doctors office tomorrow and ask them if I should take some antibiotics. Thanks again!!