high new here and have fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sewsore, Jun 13, 2003.

1. sewsore

sewsore New Member

Hi i am new to this site. I found out i had fibro in april of 2001. I was working at the time but now I am not because of pain and tiredness. Just needed a place to talk to people because it sure is different not working anymore. I am from Southwestern Ontario Canada. Hope to talk to all soon.

Connie
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I know you will find the People here ready, willing and able, as they say, to help you, or to be Helped by you.

Sorry you have this lousy Syndrome also, but we are pleased to have you join us.

I was dx in Oct of 2000, found this board the next month, and I have been able, for the most part, to have some understanding of my Other condition's and how they interact with the FMS.

You'll meet some very nice folks here. ;o)

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  3. dawnie1960

dawnie1960 New Member

Hi Connie,

I'm also from Ontario...Simcoe...do you know where that is?

I also have FM, dx February this year, and chronic idiopathic urticaria (hives)for 10 years.

Know exactly how you feel...you'll get alot of support here as well as learn alot.

Welcome!
    Dawn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Connie, welcome to the board. Glad to have you join us.

We have had three people from Canada to join in the last couple of days.

Lots of nice people here to make friends with.

Again, welcome to the board.............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. scottsworry

scottsworry New Member

Hi Connie,

I too just joined. This is a wonderful community. I was diagnosed the summer of 2002, however, have had Fibro. for at least 10 years. This is a great place to know that you are not crazy, and that you are not alone. This site has become a daily place for me to feel like people understand.
    I too quit work due to the pain and fatigue. Thank God I had that choice.

Take care, and Welcome!

Becky
  6. ChiaPet

ChiaPet New Member

This is my first post in this forum tho' I have been posting in the depression forum for a few days now.

Im a 26 year old woman and was diagnosed with FMS when I was 18(1995?).

I too am not working right now.I find the mornings the hardest.I feel like I was hit by a truck!It takes all my willpower to get out of bed.

Keep in touch!
  7. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

I am down under from Texas. If youhave been diagnosed for that long you already have info. If you need suggestions about where to get more just ask.

The search engine here is great. This board has been around for a while and it helps to search there, get some back groups and ask your questions or share comments or whatever. Tons of topics have been visited in the past.

Glad to have a "cooler" member. These early really not days are getting to me.

Lynda B.
  8. Member

Member New Member

Hi Connie:

So glad you found us. I can only add my thanks to all of the people who I refer to as "family" here on the site for being there!! Its true - you are not alone, we understand, we care and you are loved. Keep in touch.
    Member......Pat
  9. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

Welcome Connie, you will find this site extremely helpful. I have had so many questions answered and lots of info provided... Good luck, and God bless!!!
    Iggy
  10. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Torontonian here.

Have you noticed that spring/summer is finally here?

Has your air conditioner had it's first run yet?

Sorry that you've joined this club.

It's no fun being sick and tired so much of the time...but there is wonderful support here.

when you get a sec, you may want to put some info on your profile about you and your life.

Nice to meetcha!
  11. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Welcome sewsore! This is a heck of a club to join but at least we all speak the same language here no matter what part of the world we come from. That language is fibroese!!! At least here in this place when you say that you hurt, your'e tired, you feel beaten up or are just plain blue everyone knows exactly what you are talking about!

There is a wealth of information, both written and everyday---been there/done that experiences at this site. The people are great and always lend a ear to listen and hugs to help soothe the misery.

I was diagnosed last November and am still learning how to cope with this nasty, mean disease.

Here in this place there is no eye rolling or polite dismissal if you need to talk about how hard your day is going. We are all in the same big boat named FIBRO.

Have a peaceful day and laugh when you can cause it's momma natures lubricant for the soul. :) lynnkat
  12. jillsy1

jillsy1 New Member

HI Connie,
    So sorry to hear of your fairly recent diagnosis. I live in Vancouver and just wanted you to know that the smartest thing I ever did was find a physiotherapist who specialized in muscle release work. It has given me great relief. Once things settle down I then swim and speed walk......working through any pain......that I have also found very helpful.
    Most recently, I purchased a Tempur foam formed pillow and I now have no neck and shoulder problems......that pillow goes with me everywhere I go. They are made of the same material on which the astronauts sit when in space as it does away with pressure points. They also have mattresses for which I am now saving my money. In my end of the country they can be purchased at Daniadown......there you can try it out to see how it feels. I have worked with this material before when working with kids with muscular dystrophy; it was used for their seating systems and mattresses......I can't speak highly enough about it.
    I hope this helps
    Jill