HIGH Protein

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Oct 25, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Does anyone else have high protein in their blood?
    I've had it for at least 6 years now. I have to get retested every 6 months. I'm wondering if there is any connection to FMS.
  2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Does anyone else have high protein in their blood?
    I've had it for at least 6 years now. I have to get retested every 6 months. I'm wondering if there is any connection to FMS.
  3. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Not sure I have been told that. Does it cause symptoms of some sort? Or was it found in a blood test??? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Duff
  4. pattik

pattik New Member

I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and non-flaring rheumatoid arthritis after about 5 years of trying to determine if it was Lupus or MS. That was about 5 years ago, and I'm still not 100 percent sure, but all tests have been negative except blood work which showed a very high level of "C-Reactive Protein", whatever that is! I was told it meant there was inflammation somewhere in my body. Does this make sense to anyone?
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I didn't think that pain, neccessarily was always accompanied by inflammation. Did I misunderstand?
    I thought that the pain that is associated with fibro, was a noninflammatory condition. I thought that since fibro was an affliction diagnosed by exclusion----and that tests run for inflammation turned up negative results. I also thought that was why pain meds with anti-inflammatory properties, often were of little use to fibro patients, unless they had other inflammatory type diseases, in conjunction with fms.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  6. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

It shows up in my blood tests, every time.
    I was diagnosed with Polycolonal Gammopathy and/or hypergammaglobulinemia.
    To make a long story short, and I still can't find any research on it, but my body has been fighting some kind of infection for 7 years and they don't know what it is. I have seen a Hemotologist. They check my lymph nodes regularly and I have been tested for everything.
    I had a cousin who got Hodgkins and then died of Lymphoma. This high protein could be linked to both of these.
    I am still trying to find research.
    If anyone knows anything, please let me know.
    THanks,
    ~Gina