high white blood cell count in urine...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkstar, Nov 14, 2005.

1. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

time and time again, i keep getting a high white blood cell count... and my UA came back the same way after a 2nd round of cipro... does anyone else have this problem?

my general doctor has NO CLUE why this is happening... and my fibro doctor says that the urinary tract is not related to fibro or cfids... i am at a bind as per what to do...

it doesn't burn when i pee or anything like that.. so i don't think it is a UTI... i've had those before and surely know what they feel like.. they are doing a culture to see if they can pinpoint where the infection is specifically...

it makes me wonder... if it comes back my kidneys, then it is yet another marker for the lupus that runs in my family..

if this is familiar to you, please let me know!

-Lauryn
  2. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I was having the same thing. They used a stick in the cup of urine and it would come back with high white cell count. After doing a 24 hour urine they determined I was lossing calcium which caused the high count and cloudy look. Maybe it is not white cells....

Shannon
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

But I seem to always have a high white cell count in my urine. Dr's comment that some people 'just do'.