Hillary Johnson interview

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Oct 26, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

2. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

It looks like the interview is from 1996 after Osler's Web came out. I think Hilary has been a great advocate for us. She certainly doesn't pull any punches these days.

I'll have to go back and finish reading it when I'm more rested.

Thanks for posting this Linda. I hadn't seen it.

3. sascha

sascha Member

i haven't read 'Osler's Web'- keep meaning to.

thank you for making this available. sasca
  4. cerise

cerise New Member

If you have this DD, reading Osler's Web is a MUST!!!!!! You'll understand after you have read it. It's worth buying & keeping it on hand. Ask for it for Xmas!!!
  5. cerise

cerise New Member

Buying & reading are 2 different things!!! I have never read the book cover to cover & I've had it since it was first published. However, I have still managed to read the entire book a couple times. What did you think after reading Osler's Web?
  6. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I am reading it now. After three years of being sick and being told I needed to. I do advise it. Reason I didn't, time and I would have had to track it down online.

But a new library opened in my city and it is connected to 39 other libraries so I can order books from these other libraries. So I looked it up, and sure enough, a library in the system had it.

At first, I figured it was older and addressed only one issue, the government's response.

For a while, my main concern was learning as much as I could about the disease itself and what treatments likely work.

I was wrong though. The book not only gives a history of the government's response, but it tells about the disease's history too. And although it was written a while ago, seeing how the illnesses developed in the different areas gave me insight to what the disease is all about. I recommend it too.

But get a dictionary to use wlong with your reading.