Hillary Johnson interview

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Oct 26, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

www.ncf-net.org/library/hillary.htm
  2. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

It looks like the interview is from 1996 after Osler's Web came out. I think Hilary has been a great advocate for us. She certainly doesn't pull any punches these days.

I'll have to go back and finish reading it when I'm more rested.

Thanks for posting this Linda. I hadn't seen it.

Spinetti

3. sascha

sascha Member

i haven't read 'Osler's Web'- keep meaning to.

thank you for making this available. sasca
  4. cerise

cerise New Member

If you have this DD, reading Osler's Web is a MUST!!!!!! You'll understand after you have read it. It's worth buying & keeping it on hand. Ask for it for Xmas!!!
  5. cerise

cerise New Member

Buying & reading are 2 different things!!! I have never read the book cover to cover & I've had it since it was first published. However, I have still managed to read the entire book a couple times. What did you think after reading Osler's Web?
  6. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I am reading it now. After three years of being sick and being told I needed to. I do advise it. Reason I didn't, time and I would have had to track it down online.

But a new library opened in my city and it is connected to 39 other libraries so I can order books from these other libraries. So I looked it up, and sure enough, a library in the system had it.

At first, I figured it was older and addressed only one issue, the government's response.

For a while, my main concern was learning as much as I could about the disease itself and what treatments likely work.

I was wrong though. The book not only gives a history of the government's response, but it tells about the disease's history too. And although it was written a while ago, seeing how the illnesses developed in the different areas gave me insight to what the disease is all about. I recommend it too.

But get a dictionary to use wlong with your reading.

Tina