HIMALAYAN SALT BOARD/PLATE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Sep 25, 2011.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of purchasing a Himalayan salt board. I have noticed that they can run the gamut pricewise, so I am guessing there could be a variation on the quality from brand to brand.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend one particular brand if they have purchased one. It's amazing how it can add healty flavor to cold food and cook other foods after it's been heated up. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!!

Laura
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tell us more, please.

Love, Mikie
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

The himalayan salt board/block/slab is exactly that..like a small cutting board, or like a slab that you would serve cheese and crackers on for company; a soft cheese like a brie would pick up the tiniest bit of the salt as you cut a piece of the cheese off with the spreader. I saw this on a cooking show segment and they claim it tastes wonderful!! Supposed to enhance the cheeses and the foods that are served on it. In addition, you can heat the board in the oven (handle with caution though, I understand it gets intensely hot), and you can actually COOK small pieces of beef, chicken, veggies on it and the beneficial properties and minerals found in the himalayan salt are supposed to transfer directly to the food in addition to adding delicious flavor as well.

If you google 'himalayan salt slab' there is alot of information. The boards actually resemble a piece of pinky peach marble. And you'll see the price variation. There's the confusion, but, one way or another I am going to buy one. I was also thinking if I found one that wasn't too pricy, it could make a really nice Christmas gift for someone.

Laura
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The salt lamps which put healing salt into the air? In this case, it would be putting the healing and flavor into the food. Hmmmmm...sounds interesting. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Now I have never even heard of a salt lamp!! You learn something new here everyday, seriously!!!

Laura:)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some naturally dried sea salt from France in a healthfood store a few years ago. It was kinda expensive but there was a lot of it. It has sooooo much more flavor than what one gets at the supermarket.

I spent some time in a New Age kind of store looking for a healing stone and they had all sizes of the salt lamps going. I didn't notice anything from them but maybe, it takes time around them to garner the benefits. I did find a beautiful sterling and seraphinite pendant to help me get through my gallbladder surgery and to heal. I was hoping for overall healing too but so far, I'm still waitiing. I figure maybe the stone is like our financial stimulous--without it, things might have been worse.

My pendulum is always a bit evasive about questions dealing with healing. It did tell me I would never be really well but I need to get more specific with my questions. I would be happy with just feeling well enough to do more with my life. I just get tired of being tired--don't we all! I think with so many treatments and so many conditions, I need to really narrow things down.

All these things are what I call, "Chicken Soup Options." They won't hurt and they might help. I just ordered a pendant on close-out from QVC. It is a large oval of Chrysocolla set in highly polished silver. It's a beautiful turquoise/teal blue. It's the stone of "sacred sounds." It is supposed to facillitate loving communications from the heart and to help with spoken affirmations. It's a stone which comes up often in my card spreads. I like to actually have these stones when possible instead of just trying to tune into their vibrations. If I can wear them, so much the better. I wouldn't have ordered it if it hadn't been on easy pay. What could be better than to buy something for the soul?

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some naturally dried sea salt from France in a healthfood store a few years ago. It was kinda expensive but there was a lot of it. It has sooooo much more flavor than what one gets at the supermarket.

I spent some time in a New Age kind of store looking for a healing stone and they had all sizes of the salt lamps going. I didn't notice anything from them but maybe, it takes time around them to garner the benefits. I did find a beautiful sterling and seraphinite pendant to help me get through my gallbladder surgery and to heal. I was hoping for overall healing too but so far, I'm still waitiing. I figure maybe the stone is like our financial stimulous--without it, things might have been worse.

My pendulum is always a bit evasive about questions dealing with healing. It did tell me I would never be really well but I need to get more specific with my questions. I would be happy with just feeling well enough to do more with my life. I just get tired of being tired--don't we all! I think with so many treatments and so many conditions, I need to really narrow things down.

All these things are what I call, "Chicken Soup Options." They won't hurt and they might help. I just ordered a pendant on close-out from QVC. It is a large oval of Chrysocolla set in highly polished silver. It's a beautiful turquoise/teal blue. It's the stone of "sacred sounds." It is supposed to facillitate loving communications from the heart and to help with spoken affirmations. It's a stone which comes up often in my card spreads. I like to actually have these stones when possible instead of just trying to tune into their vibrations. If I can wear them, so much the better. I wouldn't have ordered it if it hadn't been on easy pay. What could be better than to buy something for the soul?

Love, Mikie