Hip pain what the doctor said

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlrarr, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello again. I posted about the hip pain I was having. I got in to see the doctor and well this is how it went...
    She asked me to stand up and move all my joints. Every one including my neck cracked, pop, and grind. It sounded bad and hurt even worst. She said yep it happens to the best of us. You have Bursitius (sp). I said everywhere all over in every joint? She looked at me like that was just about the dumbest question and said continue to take advil and go to bed for a week and you will be fine.
    Im only 41 and I have 6 kids at home I cant live like this. My hip hurts all the way to my knee. So I told her I might seek a second doctor to check and she thinks Im crazy! I can understand one joint maybe two but it was just about everyone in my body. And I dont believe most 41 year olds have this.
    And its not cfs or fm.
    Does any of you have this all over to the point where you sound like rice krispies?

Thanks Melinda
  2. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I am 41 also, and the first time I went to the doctor about my hip pain, a few years back, he also said it was bursitis.
    Of course, now he knows it is fibro. My hips hurt me so much when I am trying to sleep, that it makes sleep impossible.
    When I went to the Rhumy, and she touched all the tender points, she told me she had never seen anyone with every tender point as tight and knotted as mine.

I think if I were you, I would get a second opinion.

I know I am rambling and jumping around in this post, but the brain fog is pretty bad today. I am sorry.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

I have the same problem in my hip. My rheumy told me it was bursitis and injected cortisone and it didn't work. The pain got worse and i could hardly walk. Long story short that is when she diagnosed me with fm. My physio long story short says that the pain is in the big muscles that hold the knee together but if it goes down into your foot might be sciatica. I still don't have the pain under control and am currently waiting for an appt. to a pain managemnet clinic. You need to be aggressive and do what you have to do to get relief from the pain even if it involves seeing a dozen doctors. Don't settle for anything but the best care that you deserve and if the docs get upset too bad. It is your life and your body and you know how it is affecting your quality of life. Sorry I am not having a good day and I am a bit cranky. Hang in there. Please keep us posted.
    Cath
  4. Linky

Linky New Member

Like you I was also having a lot of hip pain which made it difficult to walk and sleep. My doctor ordered several tests along with bone scans and come to find out I have (sorry for spelling) austioarthritis in my hips, that may be something you might want to get checked out, as I understand it this only gets worse over the years.