Hip /side pain ... the dr recommended........orthodics?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I see a foot dr. She said the first thing when someones hips hurt it could be the shoes or we need orthodics. We could be walking differently. Sounds reasonable?

Now I have orthodics from yrs ago. BUT I don't rememember in walking/tennis shoes do you take the inserts out to put in the orthodics? Mine are only 2/3 of the foot part of the shoe inside.

What do you think?
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

and I put them right on top of the arch supports already in my tennis shoes. I was dd with plantar fascitis and the podiatrist put those in my shoes and along with stretching I got rid of it and as a bonus, after working out the knots in my hips they have stayed knot free. No more wearing house slippa's for me now. I put the tennis shoes on now and wear them until night time when my feet tend to swell a bit. P
  3. binxi

binxi New Member

it depends how high the orthotics are. if your heels slip out with the insole in take it out. if it stays in with the insole in it will have heaps of cushioning.
    my heels come out in anything but boots, but its different for everyone.
    if i don't wear mine i get sore lower back, hips, knees and ankles- they can make a huge difference
  4. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

You are supposed to take out the original insert from the shoe. Otherwise, you are getting too much of an arch and it is turning your foot the wrong way. That can cause you pain also.

M J
  5. I really have to try them as I really hurt so bad I could sit and cry. I am so used to living with pain every day but sometimes it just gets to you and wears you down.

thanks for the replies gals!