Hips so sore I can't sit long, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Oct 3, 2010.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I don't know what in heck is going on. Lately my hips and buttocks are so sore that I cannot sit long even with 2 pillows under me.

Even the sides of my hips are so sore. Took a 7 day dosepack of Prednisone thinking that it was inflammation and that this would help. Nope did not do anything.

What to do, I need serious help. Doctor does not believe me. I guess if they never experienced it they have NO idea. This is the same stupid doctor that completely took me off my Percocet. I am finding someone else and I am really upset.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2010]
  2. Msdeana

Msdeana New Member

I have the same problem that became unbearable about a year ago, nothing I tried help. I finally discovered two things that helped; a massage via a hivamt 200 with a certified massage therapist. (look up) and tender-point injections. Both are very effective. Take care huggies!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2010]
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I figured injections would be the answer. Now I have to find a new doctor, see my post about desperately needing help. That will tell you why. Currently since the 1st of July I have had no doctor.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi msbsgblue - Is it both hips that hurt, or just the one? I went through a similar thing two months ago and it was bursitis in my left hip. It took a month for it to go away.
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Yes hun both hips and really bad although today when I had to sit on floor for a moment to do something I sort of rolled from one hip to other I guess and certainly my right one is sorer. Both are so bad I want to cry.
  6. OMGoodness that has been my main pain for yrs. I have been told its bursitis and others say fibro? Either way NOTHING has helped except the occasional injection which my dr will only do on one side and my right is my worst. It hurts to walk and at night its unbearable. Sure can't really help you but to tell you its the worst pain ever. Some days I feel like screaming. Sometimes I lay with ice and it takes the edge off.

By the way its been awhile since I have been on the board and where did everyone go? It seems soo quiet here.
  7. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I use to be able to kneel on the floor while working in the direct care field but now I try to get up and pain in hips and legs. X-ray showed L2 degeneration and arthritis.

I was fine til simple surgery when everything just flared from the anesthesia. I read about that happening to people but was in denial it could happen to me I was able to get SS early.

I just feel angry it had to come to this, though. But, I couldn't say no to the surgery, it was a WC issue for my knee.

It's good it was a low settlement, too, I had to pay back the WC once I got the SS. I was angry about the low amount in WC but then was glad it was low.
  8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I think it will be hip and possibly knees for me and I need this done in the next year and 3 months while I have medicaid because once I have to pay 20% or more I won't be able to afford it. I only pay a $3. co-pay for anything like that now. I have no spend down either.
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm housebound, so try not to sit too long, but kinda hard when there's no place to go!! But I do sit on a special pad while on the computer, and have a back brace on that helps.

But both of my hips used to be painful when I was sleeping on one side too long, so I have to flip over. But one thing that is helping is I ordered these foam pads & sewed them inside a pair of night panties and kept them over my hips.

But then with my arms, I use a topical Stopain, and with the sciatica, I rub my knees with an Arthritis cream, and if need to I put magnetic braces on them.

My bedroom looks like a "pharmacy"!! And of course my dog wakes up with me in the middle of the night for his meds!! Well a hassel, but at least I have company with my pain.

I can't tolerate RX's for pain, so the above is all I can use, with the exception of my Klonopin that I'm sure helps a little.

Isn't it amazing how many places the pain finds a place to drive us crazy!!!
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Oh gosh.. you sound like me! I've had trouble with my hips and back for years and the docs all said, "Fibro, Fibro, Fibro... This is a huge problem for us. Any of us who have received the diagnosis of Fibro or CFS will hear that that's the problem for any pain that comes along.. Get another opinion!
    You know I haven't been to this site in forever.. I used to come here alot and went doctor to doctor cuz I knew there was something more going on.. I won't go into all the things the docs missed on me on your thread, but I had to reach a point that I can't get up out of a chair without using my arms to support my weight.. Couldn't get up my front stairs of my home.. before the doc took me serious. Turns out I have a torn Labrum, (hip cartilage) and bursitis.. as well as some bone spurs that need to go. They did Steroid injections a few weeks ago and I go back at the end of the month so he can decide which procedures he is going to do..
    You may have something structural going on..
    take care,
  11. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Rolling around on the floor tonight like a kid throwing a temper tantrum (nice visual, huh?) My hip, knee, ankle and foot were killing me! Still hurt quite a bit. I am homebound. So not much to do but sit all day. I sometimes get down on my knees on the floor and try a few times to extend the aching leg out and then in. It relieves some pain, while I'm doing it, but I cant do it but maybe 5 times before it wears me out. Think tonight will be a vicodin night if the pain doesnt lighten up before bedtime.

12. munch1958

munch1958 Member

If you have pain a few inches down from those butt cheek dimples and have trouble rolling over, sitting, standing, walking, sliding in and out of the car, etc. you probably have an issue with Sarco-Illiac, SI joint dysfunction or SIJD. Google it.

This is one of the most miserable and painful conditions that I've ever had. It ranks right up there with costochrondritis or chest wall pain. I use heat, narcotics, physical therapy, NSAID injections, and prolotherapy to overcome this. Nothing really works. The pain clinic would like me to undergo radio frequency ablation of the nerves to the SI joint. But it has to be redone every 6 or 9 months. That doesn't thrill me at all.

Mostly I feel like a beetle that has rolled over on it's shell and can't get up. Living out in the country I see them on their backs struggling on the ground to upright themselves all of the time. Kind of gives new meaning to the term "Beetlemania".

I hope you find some relief!

13. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Glad you wrote. I am having the same problem. Had it before, goes away for awhile and then I'll have it again. Warm baths, icy/hot OTC gel helps. It smells but it really does help. My 80 year old father told me to try it and I didn't believe him but then I tried it and it really did help.
    Just mentioning what helps me.
  14. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

msbsgblue, whats going on with everyones hips hurting?? Mine have been unusaully painful for about the last three weeks. Both butt cheeks, outside hip area ,front top of hips and the top the tops of my thighs in the front part of my legs. Also feels like bone pain not just muscle. Wish I had some answers for you and pray everyone here gets some relief soon. God Bless all on here!
  15. qt1999qt

qt1999qt New Member

I am at my wits end. I am 29 years old I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 19 years old. I broke my left foot at 17, had to have surgery and a screw inside the bone. Then shortly before I was diagnosed with fibro. my doctor diagnosed me with Mono. I have severe pain and stiffness. Depression, severe anxiety, Headaches daily, migraines at least 1 time a month. Muscle spasms, restless leg, lots of tension in my upper back, shoulders neck and head. TMJ, ear pain, pain in face around eyes and behind nose, bad pain in my hips, I have been diagnosed with sciatica. Pain and tingling in my feet and hands. Sensitive eyes, very sensitive to cold such as ice packs, cold weather, pain in joints-knees, jaw, and ankles. Weight gain, severe fatigue, irritability. Fatigue, irritability, period cramps, and headaches worsen just before my period. Constipation mostly and at least 8-10 bouts of diahrea a year. Very weak bladder, frequent urinary tract infections, loss of urine when i cough, sneeze, or cry hard. Urinate very often.

I am currently taking Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, neurontin, and zanaflex, I am tired of the pills, they don't seem to help.

I am a single mother of a very smart, very emotional 5 year old little girl, very little to no help from her father financially, and he gets her about 1 time a month and lives 2 hours away.

I don't know how much more pain I can take.
    Any suggestions/ Doctors near Sandusky, Ohio?

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. And hate for people who don't know what it is like to even know about my condition.. They look at me like i am lying, or wanting attention. Which is no where near true. I do not want to live like this.. I am not even 30 years old yet..

Please help!
  16. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Change in weather? Mine hurt all the time, but even more so with the cooler temps and the rain we have been having. I am not looking forward to winter!

17. debilyn

debilyn New Member

So sorry to hear all that you're going through. I don't really have any advice; I just have sympathy, and I wanted to write to let you know that you're not alone. I didn't get FM until I was in my late 40s; my kids were already grown.

I can't imagine trying to raise a little one with all this pain, stiffness, and fatigue. My heart goes out to you and your daughter.

Blessings to you,

18. hornerjc

hornerjc New Member

Sounds to me like you really need a new doctor. See if you can find a good rheumatologist in your area. I have the same pain issues (plus some) that you are having. I've had them for almost 10 years now. The doctor thinks mine is related to my Fibromyalgia diagnosis. I am on
    several different pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-depressants, and others. Some times the pain is so bad the only way I can get out of bed is to take a good pain medication, which works for a couple hour (if I'm lucky). I use a heating pad a lot and my calves need ice packs. Usually at the same time! I carry a foam pillow with me everywhere I go, and believe me, it's been a lot of places! Feel free to email me anytime if you want to talk.
  19. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It can absolutely be caused by Fibro. I've had that type of pain for a long time - sometimes much much worse than others.
    If you have it on one side only, it could be something else like bursitis or something, but also if you're prone to having any hip or leg pain with your Fibro you certainly can have the pain you're describing with Fibro.

My butt muscles, hip 'bones' (or what feels like it's bone pain) hurts so badly sometimes it can bring tears to my eyes.

For you in particular - you need to find another Dr. This not believing you about anything is crap.
    I went to see my Dr. today who is almost an hour's drive. There are lots of other Dr.'s, probably good ones much closer to me, however I found him and like him. He's a very knowledgable Rheumatologist and cares a lot about keeping me out of pain, trying new things, is up on the latest research etc. He always says he apologizes that I have to drive to see him and I mentioned that having a good relationship with a Dr. is more important than driving out of my way.

I take my husband with me - for two reasons. One, because my hips/butt hurt too much to sit in one position while driving! Two, because he actually talks to my husband and asks him questions. I tend to down play things when my husband tells it like it is.
    I know I'm getting off the hip/butt topic, but I'm stressing the importance of you finding another Dr. You absolutely need one that you can talk to openly, honestly and that you can develop a good relationship with. Why waste another minute with this guy who isn't helping you at all?!

Anyway- hip/butt pain isn't at all uncommon with Fibro.
  20. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I am a firm believer that CFS & FM are caused by chronic sub-acute and active infections plus hormone deficiencies caused by those infections.

Have you had a test for Lyme disease? Bear in mind that the ELISA test is 15% accurate and the Western Blot by Quest is 30% accurate. The Igenex Western Blot is slightly better with 78% accuracy. Since you have so many of the same symptoms that I used to have (my profile has lots of info) I would suggest that you log on to Lymenet and look for a LLMD or Lyme literate physician in your area.

Check out the quiz here: