Hired an attorney

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

He tells me basically that I wont win because FM is hard to prove and the fact that I am only 40 makes it more difficult. He says I need to go back to the dr and tell her that I need to do everything to get better...like I really enjoy feeling this poorly and not being able to do things that I need and want to do. I am always on the look out for things that will help. I started taking the grapeseed, at the recommendation of Jam, but its only been a couple days.

Now, to top it off, I am experiencing night sweats. It's been this way for about a month or so, every night. I thought it was because I had my electric blanket on a higher setting because its been so cold here. But last night, I didnt turn on the electric blanket and woke up this morning, again, soaked. And I sleep in a cold room with a fan that runs 24/7/365. (hubby cant sleep unless its very cool) So now I am looking for something to help that...any suggestions?

I have an appointment with my dr wednesday and guess I am just going to tell her that she needs to do whatever she can do to get me well, or at least better. I am fed up with feeling like this and taking ALL these meds and supplements and not feeling the slightest bit better. I cant afford to find another dr as mine takes payment on a sliding scale because I have no insurance.

I hope I can keep the appointment, we are expecting more snow tomorrow. I am about fed up with all this snow too...lol

2. dzlady

dzlady New Member

is before he told me that he didnt know if he could win, I had already signed the papers to hire him. He says that it will be the next year worth of doctor appointment that will tell whether or not I am TRULY disabled. He said I needed to tell the dr I was fed up and wanted her to make me get better...like I dont! Yeah, I love all this pain, loss of coordination, brain fog and all the other crap that goes along with this.

I am hurting pretty badly today. Muscle pain and not really sure what I did to cause it. Typical, whatever I did yesterday, caused me to be in lotsa pain today.

They are good attorneys that only deal with disability. I am confident that they will do their best, but I am worried about the age thing and that my dr doesnt agree with the disability. As she said one time that she would like to be able to get me back to work eventually. Which is great, but after going down hill for soooo long, I dont see it getting better. I can remember about 10 years ago, this same exact pain started and its just gotten worse over the years
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Try keeping a journal of your daily activities & rate your pain level 1-10.

This may help you down the road.

Good luck to you.