HiRiskRN.....are you on here? I have a question...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Sep 6, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I thought I remembered you saying that you have some medical books. Could you look up and tell me if there is danger in just letting a part of your body be numb and not doing anything about it?
    My hand is getting worse by the day and I am losing use of those fingers and that idiot of a neuro that did my EMG said to just let it be.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I thought I remembered you saying that you have some medical books. Could you look up and tell me if there is danger in just letting a part of your body be numb and not doing anything about it?
    My hand is getting worse by the day and I am losing use of those fingers and that idiot of a neuro that did my EMG said to just let it be.

Soft hugs!
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

4. nje

nje New Member

RECENTLY I HAD A NUMBNESS IN MY RIGHT HAND,ON THE RIGHT HALF OF IT. IT WAS A WEIRD FEELING,ALSO I HAD 3 FINGERS THAT WERE A LITTLE NUMB TOO.IT LASTED ABOUT 4 DAYS,I WAS FIXING TO MAKE AN APPT. WITH MY REG.INTERNALIST,WHEN IT WENT AWAY,AND HAVEN`T HAD IT SINCE. I BELIEVE I READ IN SOMEBODYS MESSAGE THAT THEY ALSO HAD IT,CAN`T REMEMBER WHO,I BELIEVE IT GOES ALONG WITH FIBRO THOUGH,BECAUSE I BELIEVE I READ THAT TOO. YOU NOTICE I SAY BELIEVE,BECAUSE I HAVE HARDLY ANY SHORT-TERM MEMORY,WHICH ALSO GOES ALONG WITH THIS MESS.HOPE I HELPED A LITTLE. JEAN
  5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I sure hope that it goes away! My hand has been this way for about 6 weeks or longer. I usually have it go away, like in my feet and stuff, but not this one. It is being stubborn. I can't even feel the keys on the keyboard under my fingers...so I have had to adjust my typing to exclude those fingers. I used to be able to type 100wpm until I got sick and now it is like I am a beginner.
    I noticed something else too....the swelling in my legs and feet has come back. I was swelled for about 5 months before and one day it was gone and now this morning I get up and low and behold fat feet! Maybe I am having a flare. Anyway didn't mean to write so much, but I wanted to thank you for your input on this, any and all information helps!

Soft hugs!
  6. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member