HIRISKRN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Apr 22, 2003.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

Hi,
    I was reading some of the posts and I read yours about your meds. After a year of seeing a doctor and trying everything he wanted me to try for pain he finally ageed to let me try Oxycontin.I was on Vicodin and it wasnt effective anymore. I am also using the guai protocol. Anyhow, I take 60 mg.in am and 40 in pm with a breakthrough at lunch of vicodin. Is 100 mg a day alot of oxycontin?I am not getting the relief I thought I would get from it. I have FM , and DDD in lower back. Maybe I am just really med tolerant. I was going to ask about raising the oxy(I just started on it a month ago) another 20 mg but after seeing you say you take 8o mg and your comment of yes 80 I am a bit concerned. I am functioning fine and am having no side effects. Just wondering what is a high dose and what is about average.....and yes, I know every one is different....just wanted your input(or is that output :)) to me regarding the dosage......thanks Kathleen
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

Your info made me feel ok to call and tell doctor I need to up the dose. They all make you feel so uncomfortable about asking and I hate the feeling that I am begging!I will ask to go up another 20 mgs. and see how I do. Yes, after 8 hours it offers no relief and I do seek other relief.....My moist heat pad and a pain pill. This has been really hard since I do not have a supportive spouse and I do have five children under 18. You are always a great source of information,encouragement,support , and an empathetic ear.Thanks for being willing to walk this road along with us and take and give as you need. I really do appreciate your posts......kathleen
  3. seaview

seaview New Member

and yes, I am a fiery redhead....whats left as the grey starts to take over! I see you have young children also. I will keep you in my prayers!Thanks again! K