Hives and welts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Teacher58, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Teacher58

Teacher58 New Member

I get these welts across my abdomen. It looks just like I was whipped with a cord or something. They're slightly raised. The other day I got a round one on my right breast. I feel worst on the days they're there; when they're gone, I usually feel better, but they don't hurt or anything. Last week, I did get some itchy hives for about half a day, then they went away. Weird.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I've never had a problem with them, but two of my children always break out in hives and large welts when they are having an allergic reaction to something--whether it's environmental or food.
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Mine occur from wearing anything around my waist.
    Nothing with elestic, and my pants, have to have zippers, because they fit the tummy, or I should say my Fat pad.

I also have marks from when I sock's, unless I get the baggie kind, and make sure they aren't tight around the ankel area.

I had this from wearing a Bra also, plus, that brings on a bad case of Costodintoliditis, (hope I sp that right?)
    and sets off the Gerd too.

I know we can build up Histamine in our bodies, and since I have been on Vistril for that, it has reduced most of the welt's and red bumps that look like bites.

It was one of my first symptom, but it was chalked up to Pet's, trouble is mine have no flea's, and my tight fitting Jeans, lol, I did use to live n them, but I break out from the material now.

Vistril, takes care of the itching too. Plus it helps with my anxiety, which can also give you thoes symptoms.

Good luck, I hope you find an answer to what is causing yours.
    If it's like what I have , wearing lose fitting clothes is the first step, that I took.

And Cortaid, in my nightstand, need that too.

sharonk
  4. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

I get one sometimes right at the base of my breastbone, it itches sometimes and not others. I can't relate it to what I'm wearing, what I've eaten or anything else. I'll be curious if anyone can explain this.

Deb