HIya Guai Gals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jane_Canuck, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Well made a descision this week to start the guai.

I get mapped today and tomorrow I go for surgery.

I have 2 lumps undre my armpitt, we have a history of lumps in the family so just waiting a week to find out if they are malignant or not I hope will pass quickly.

Eheheh likely it will since I plan to be heavily medicated lol.

But since I will have meds for pain, I thought doing it now is good cause I will not get more pain meds since my reg md never gives me any.

I also just started getting a cold and thought well since I have the guai sitting here this is silly to wait and take it if I am feeling cruddy anyhow lol.

So that is what is happening to me in a nut shell this week and thought I would let you all know incase I am not on to post much if at all this week.

Hope all you are feeling well and have some spring weather where you are!!

TC Brenda
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good luck with the surgery. I pray recovery is fast. Good luck also with the Guai.

Love, Mikie
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thanks for starting a new thread.
    I wish you the very best on your surgery:)
    Are you starting on LA Guai or FA Guai? I got mapped too. I had a cold also when I started my SoloGuai, it's a FA one.
    You take care of yourself,
    Dee50
  4. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

TYVM both I shall take care and not over do any hting for some time.

I am on the FA as it was a little less expensive and well if it is going to take up to 6 or 7 years to totally reverse well,,,,, FA seemed to make more sense to me.

I have to go so I can drink some more isnce I have to quit at midnight...... OOOooooooooooooooo no it i s 12:34am Snicker like that is stopping me much. I have to down this and go to bed.

Smooooootchies have a great week.

Hey quicky Q With this nasty sinus cold I have what will block the guai if I get a sinus remedy? I think I remember reading some of the meds otc will block. But maybe am not remembering right.

tyvm
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best with your surgery, do let us know how you get on.

Guai itself is an expectorant that thins mucus & helps loosen phlegm. Most other cold cures will block, so you may want to take them before starting your Guai treatment.

I can't afford to import the slow release Guai either, & instead take half a 400mg Prohealth fast acting tablet every 3 hours to try to keep it in my bloodstream. This is not Dr A's recommended way of taking it.

love to you Jane x

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yesterday, I just rested. Last night, I took half a tablet of melatonin and cut my Klonopin by 1/4 tablet. I am going to try to wean off the Klonopin if I can but this time, I'm going to go more slowly. I will not cut 1/2 a tablet of the Klonopin for a month. I hope the melatonin will smooth out the process. I woke a bit groggy and slept in a bit but I feel really rested. I think that tonight, I'll only take 1/4 tablet of the melatonin. Geez, there are all kinds of contraindication warnings on the stuff. Kinda scary.

I bought the sublingual vitamin B-12 from ProHealth and will try it today. It is supposed to be able to penetrate the blood/brain barrier. The rep I talked to at PH was very knowledgeable; I was impressed. I also bought the Hydrogen Boost but will not try it until I know how the B-12 affects me. The Hydrogen Boost is supposed to deliver neg. ions which, in turn, are supposed to increase ATP in the body. ATP is the currency of energy, so it will be interesting to see if I feel better on it.

The condo is quiet without Andy and the kids here. He was so good for me and a delight to keep. He pulled himself up on the coffee table and learned to wave "Bye bye" while he was here. The neighbors came out in droves to see him and everyone kept waving to him, so he picked it up.

My "remission" continues even though I'm tired from keeping the baby. I am going to give myself a "mini-vacation" in town for a week or two before checking into the Ticket To Work Program. I think I'll eat really well, work out, and go to the beach or pool.

I hope everyone is doing as well as I am and I hope my healing continues. With the relapsing/remitting nature of our illnesses, it's hard to tell. All I know is that overall, I'm better and each time I relapse, I recover faster.

My love and best wishes to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  7. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hiya all,

well surgery has come and gone and they took 2 cherry tomato sized lumps out.

Will have those results next week.

Now I started this post an hour ago and now forget what all was posted.

Glad your visit went well, Mikie.

Had a wild episode today happy, happy joy joy that it was. We left for surgery at 6:30am, our neighbour dog heard us and stuck her head out of the gate then wiggled out, So I grabbed her and had her tied to the front porch at the neighbours.

Got back from surgery Shaggy was still tied up, I went to bed and woke up at 4pm and hear all kinds of noise. Looked outside and here was a pittbull out there playing with Shaggy.

SO STUPID ME< goes out and calls the dog away from Shaggy, and it comes to me and so I asked our local drug dealer if it is their dog since they have pittbulls too and they said nope.

So I called it and it came home with me. Now the dog catcher will not fetch a loose dog unless you contain it yourself. SO She came with me in our yard and right into the house. Called the warden and it was 2 mins after closing. So no one was there. I called the emerg number and was told that unless the dog was sick injured or dangerous they could do nothing until 8am when they opened again.

Well right here is me with surgery and if something goes wrong I can not contain this dog! I am not allowed to lift more then 10 pounds for 8 weeks! Heck the gun would be too heavy to use even if I needed to use it lol.

SO anyhow called hubby he flipped told me to call the cops the cops said I did what they would have done so case closed. Well dog settled down and wanted to be pet and I found bite marks on her and she felt really hot like running a fever hot.

Anyhow hubby called police to give them what for since he is at work and can do nothing about this, the cops told him that the supreme court ruled that pittbulls were no more dangerous then any other animal and so are to be treated like you would treat any other dog in the same situation.

AHEM>???? Are they drunk? I live on a street that in the past has been a puppy mill for pitts. I also live in an area where we have 4 major drug houses wihtin walking distance of each other. And they want me to contain a pittbull because they can't be bothered...... sigh what is the system coming to?

She was thank God a lovely dog, the cats loved her and kept trying to clean her and she nuzzled them too. So it has worked out but man what if. I never say things like WHAT IF but I feel justified in the case. ESP with the area we live in.

Sorry for the whole diatribe lol just suddenly had to rant. Guess the drugs are wearing off lol! Time to take my hounds and go back to bed lol.

HAGN Brenda
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bless your heart; you are a true animal lover. I hope the local pound can come and get this dog so you can get some rest. I love pit bulls if they have not been bred for aggression. Even then, I would not have one around a baby or child.

I found a pit bull mix that was almost hit by a cement truck on my way home from the pain clinic up the coast from where I live. I brought her home until I could run an ad and found her family. She was sweet as can be but strong as an ox. I live in a condo so had to walk her all the time which just about killed me.

Hope you are feeling well and the results come out good for you. I'm sending up a little prayer.

Love, Mikie
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I see you are an animal lover too:) I'm starting over with my Guai. I'm going on the time released 600's. I'm starting a 600 x 2 daily. My FA is not working as well as it did at first.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so glad your visit with family went well:) Bet you miss your little one. I'm so excited about my granddaughter to be. Buying lots of pink things for her. Are you going to start working soon? Did I read your post right? To even think about working is so great! A true sign of returning health:) I'll meet you at the beach!lol I'm in Idaho no beaches here.

It's nice you are feeling so well I pray that it continues. I know what you mean about all the ups and downs. Thinking we are finally better and then sick again.

I'm going to start on the LAGuai soon, I've got a rash from the FA Solo_Or maybe it's from one of the many supplements I'm on.haha My FAGuai seems to have lost its punch. Hoping I'm not blocked.
    Take care,
    Dee
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2006]