HMB - Anyone heard of this supplement?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frannie17, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Frannie17

Frannie17 New Member

Can anyone help me with the "search" feature above? I can't get it to find anything - I typed in "ambien", nothing, "Fibromyalgia" nothing, and "HMB", nothing. I've searched under content and everything else. It doesn't seem to find anything for me. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong, or maybe the search feature here isn't working?

Anyway... I'm curious about HMB beta-hydroxyl beta-methylbutyrate and would like to see if this or any other site has any info about it. Anyone heard of it? I've seen it advertised in body-builder mag ads claiming that it reduces muscle pain after a workout. I would have researched this myself but couldn't get the search feature to work.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Two links that came up were

The second one won't let you read the entire article if you aren't a member, but it does give quite a bit of info before telling you that. From what I could tell, it is generally used by bodybuilders; however, some of its properties might be helpful for those of us who are able to do some exercise. It sounds like it might be the same substance that a Fibro Dr was telling me about that can be useful if you are low on growth hormone....but even he said that you would have to be able to exercise for 20 or 30 continuous minutes (I don't remember for sure how long, but I know that it was an amt that would be tough for most people with CFIDS) in order for it to work. Unfortunately, he has closed his practice, so I can't ask him if this is what he was talking about. He wanted me to be tested for growth hormone before discussing it further, though. Anyway, according to what I just read, it is not cheap and likely wouldn't help unless we were able to do a lot more exercise than most of us can do.
  3. quanked

quanked Member

I type in what I am looking for, choose content, title or the other choice and press enter. Then it comes up no match however whatever i typed in appears in a box in the upper right hand area and messaboard is checked marked and I press enter again and I get a list to choose from about what I was searching. Let me know if this works for you.

BY THE WAY, WHAT IS HMB?[This Message was Edited on 02/14/2009]
  4. Frannie17

Frannie17 New Member

Thanks for responding Aunt Tammy and Quanked. I'll look up the links Aunt Tammy provided. And thank you to Quanked because when I used your method to search, I did find some information, almost too much. A ton of info came back and it was all typed together on the page. I can't sort out that much type any more. I think I'll do a Google search and see what I find there. Thanks again,
  5. aftermath

aftermath New Member

It is not highly regarded even in bodybuilding circles.

Save your money.