Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Jul 10, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Well, if any of you have been following my posts, I have been in somewhat of a remission lately. That came crashing down a few days ago - when I spent 2 days in bed due to fatigue.

HOWEVER, when I reviewed my DIET those 2 days (and the day before) I noticed something. I HATE ALL JUNK FOOD! Cookies, chips, cheetos, brownies.....nothing with nutrients - not one thing.

So - as of today, I have changed my eating habits. I went to McDonalds today and got a Grilled Chicken Sandwhich (no mayo), a side salad with light dressing and milk. I'm proud of myself.

Not only do I want to change my health, but, losing weight would be a bonus as I am over the 200 pound mark now.

Another thing that scared me into healthy eating - a cavity. Now I know what you are thinking, so what, a cavity. I'm 43, and never in my life have I had a toothache - not once!! Sure, my dentist has caught cavities before they got to that stage, but not this time. I have a full-blown cavity in my mouth. All I can think of is VITAMIN DEFICIENCY. So I'm being sure to drink/eat my 3 full servings of dairy daily - and also getting 20 minutes of UNPROTECTED sun a day (walking my dog). I don’t want to lose my teeth and I certainly don’t want osteoporosis.

I'm also eating 1 banana a day for leg cramps, and 1 FiberPlus bar a day to regulate bowel activity.

I will keep you all posted. I feel better already. I know that it will take time to change my body chemistry, but I think it can be done with time.

FOOD IS MY NEW MEDICINE[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2010]
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I agree, I will do things to avoid pain. One might think it would be for vanity but I
    can never hold out for that. Pain or possible pain...yep.

Keep going!!

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Good for you, Shari! Watch out for McDonald's food though. There isn't too much that is healthy there. The grilled McChicken Sandwich is 420 calories and 1190 mg of sodium which is a half days worth of sodium.

Bananas are a great choice. Full of potasium and good for your blood pressure!
  4. kat211

kat211 New Member

I am slowly just coming out of a 3 day crash. I usually only buy organic whole unproccesesd foods and don't eat out. I ate out for 2 meals on Tuesday and it sent me over the edge for a few days.

I have been on an organic whole food gluten free dairy free diet for over a year now. It has made a huge improvement in my health.

I wish you luck on your new food journey.
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Our teeth are important to our health. Tooth decay can lead into other health problems.

Food is my downfall, i need to do better. i've packed on the pounds too Shari.
    Good for you Shari, knowing you need to eat healthier foods. Keep up the good knowledge.
    Staying away from the fast food places is a good way to think and do.
    Having fresh veggies at home in the refrigerator is a thought.
    I've found shredded wheat squares as a snack and does help to regulate bowel activity.

Keep us posted if you've recieved the bonus/losing weight. i need to also, you're not alone

Be Well