Hmmmm, I wonder whatis going on with me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeronsmom, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

As of next Wednesday it will be 5 months without a period..
    I have irregular periods to begin with but never this long without one...I wonder if I should worry??

Love to all, Ann
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I had a doctor tell me in 1973 when I questioned not having a period, not to worry about it. "Just think of the money you are saving on tampax", Yes, he actually said that to me.

There could be many reasons why this is happening. Of course the usual suggestion is go to your doctor. Have a blood test done to see if you are peri-menopausal or whatever. You are very young to be in that condition, but you never know.

Could it be stress? You had posted earlier about possibly moving to Oklahoma. Is that still something you and your family are facing? Stress can deal you a blow almost as bad as depressionn.

You know, there is a new pill that stops periods for a year. So that would indicate not having a period is fine. But just to be sure, I'd have a check up.

And if all else fails, go to the falls and sit on a bench. Watch all the wild and crazy tourist seeing Niagra for the first time. That will take your mind off it a while! I lived in Toronto for 13 months and had to go to Buffalo monthly. Mostly I went to Buffalo just to go to the falls, but I had to hit the grocery store there - I couldn't find Hershey syrup or Hunt's ketchup. Weird, eh?

3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

If you've always had irregular periods there's a chance you could have PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's sort of a complicated hormonal/endocrinological disease and you should be checked for that as well as other disorders,(like thyroid probs) or are you possibly pregnant? I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I never had regular periods, I had fertility problems, it does cause other health issues, and prior to last month, my last period was over two years ago. I've been told time and time again that a woman needs to shed her uterine lining or it can cause major problems, so I'd again advise you to see your doc, that way you can find out what's going on, ease your mind, and stay healthy.

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Another option as I see it from your profile.

5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

NOT be pregnant!!!! my hubby had the MAN SURGERY!!! in 2000
    I'll have to make an appointment with a DR.
    Thanks all.

Love to all, Ann