Hmmmm, I wonder......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

if my 15 yr old has CF??? he tells me he is ot to bad in the morning but when afternoon comes around he can hardly keep his eyes open at school and lately he has been going to bed around 8:00-8:30pm...

we are talking about a 15 yr old. When he was 6 yrs old he fell from a two storey apartment building and landed on pavement and fractured his skull..it was pretty bad, so I am wondering if he is going to get Fibro as well as CF..I'm wondering if this tiredness is turning into CF.

Any ideas or thoughts?
    Love to all, Ann
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I know it is scary to think that. I feel the same about my 24 year old. He has so many of the same problems as I do.

It really worries me. He started having problems when he was very young.
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Ann:

Sound scary, heres a thought, you mentioned a serius head injury, as strange as this may sound your son could be ahving nighttime partial seizures. Often due to head trauma this happens and becomes worse with time. Have you taken him to a physician of late, As the brain grows in the teenage years if there is low level seizure stuff going on it causes major daytime fatigue. I'm not tring to scare you, however, I suffered a serious head injury as a 13 year old with no day time symptoms except extreme fatigue and fogginess. Of course I did'nt tell my parents, I was a teenage. Luckily my sister shared a room with me and noticed, lets say some weird stuff at night.

He might have both, as his CNS/immune systems may be compromised. Also has he had a stressors out of the norm that could cause other issues ie..Depression. There could be a number of things going on... I would make an appointment with your family doctor or pediatrician to start finding some answers.

Good luck,
    let us know how you make out.

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2006]
  4. suz45

suz45 New Member

bump important issue
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Ann

Hugs dear, you have so much on your plate. I have a 24 year old daughter that I worry about. She has a lot of FM symptoms and I dread the thought that she might has this DD too.

There doesn't seem to be any age limits on this condition.
    I would certainly have him checked out.

If he is tired there could be so many things... mono, sleep problems, stress problems from school..... or FM.

Being a parent is a tough job, and a parent who has a chronic illness has an even tougher job.

hugs Redwillow
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

My brother got what appears to me now to be CFS (It qualifies based on the symptom list) when he was 15. He is now 35.

This is a long unhappy story that I'm not really in the mood to tell tonight. I do believe that teenagers can get it, though. At least, if they have the genes.

I don't think my brother's ever had the fibro part, though. Neither have I. (He does have colitis, however.)